Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Safety first - no race is guarenteed trouble free but keeping thousands of people away from a huge fight, where people have been killed already, is surely a no-brainer? Australia is our only hope for a positive start to the 2011 season.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    For those perhaps questioning why F1 shouldn't still go, quite aside from the 'safety' aspect should read this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/op...stof.html?_r=2
    great article, and in the same vein:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/1...in-grand-prix/
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Let's just start in Australia. Bahrain is too unstable right now and it's impossible to predict what it'll be like in 2 weeks.

And keep everything crossed for a peaceful solution. Some things are more important than sport.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    great article, and in the same vein:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/1...in-grand-prix/
    I agree, I can't see how F1 can possibly turn up in Bahrain and act like everything's normal. It needs to be cancelled.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    It is a bust - Dump it and move on
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I think what is going on now in bahrein is way more important than the F1 circuit!

Even if the unrest ended tomorrow, it would still not be a good idea to go there this year.
    first off, most sponsors would not want the bad PR or be seen as being insensitive to the scores of dead folks and the brutality of the government's actions.
    Second, the stands will be half empty and the event an utter failure in light of the current situation.

I do hope they can find an alternate venue for the race, It would be nice to still keep the same number of races, and we have enough time and circuits to do that.

My first choice and probably easiest would be fuji. Close enough to Australia as well
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I think what is going on now in bahrein is way more important than the F1 circuit!

Even if the unrest ended tomorrow, it would still not be a good idea to go there this year.
    first off, most sponsors would not want the bad PR or be seen as being insensitive to the scores of dead folks and the brutality of the government's actions.
    Second, the stands will be half empty and the event an utter failure in light of the current situation.

I do hope they can find an alternate venue for the race, It would be nice to still keep the same number of races, and we have enough time and circuits to do that.

My first choice and probably easiest would be fuji. Close enough to Australia as well
    Everythings already shipped out to Bahrain. If it's cancelled, I wouldn't expect a replacement race. And if there is, I imagine it will be at some alternative venue much later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    The teams send much of their equipment out sea freight. One of the articles quoted Bernie as saying itcwas sent out 30 days ago bound for Bahrain which would mean it should already be in port for the scheduled test. @
    Maybe the freaking pirates will get the sh!t on the way to AU
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

hey how about south africa

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    How about holding a race at one of the spainish ciruits as they are being used for testing. After this final pre season test move the equipment to Jerez again for a race.

Failing that as they are all in Barcelona, just hold a race their in a couple of weeks.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy