Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    No shocks here.

Only difference between Vettel and other drivers out there is Vettel is being straight forward with it.

He knows he owes RBR a bit and is paying his due. I would think after another couple years and maybe another WDC / WCC he has paid his dues and should have no problems getting a red seat.

I don't think anyone, least of all RBR, would be shocked to hear of Vettel in a Ferrari someday. It's just all about timing.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So? Vettel is not the first driver to have such sentiments while driving for another team.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Strange how people think that winning the WDC does not motivates Vettel's team.
    Maybe being 3rd is more motivating?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Strange how people think that winning the WDC does not motivates Vettel's team.
    Maybe being 3rd is more motivating?!
    Ioan. You were the one waxing lyrical about how your former #1 team (Ferrari if you have forgotten) were so sucessful because Schumacher was such a committed and positive focal point within the team. Schumacher was 100% behind Ferrari and the team were 100% behind him.

Did Schumacher ever say "It's good at Ferrari but I'd pay millions if only I could get a drive with Mercedes."

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    Ioan. You were the one waxing lyrical about how your former #1 team (Ferrari if you have forgotten) were so sucessful because Schumacher was such a committed and positive focal point within the team. Schumacher was 100% behind Ferrari and the team were 100% behind him.

Did Schumacher ever say "It's good at Ferrari but I'd pay millions if only I could get a drive with Mercedes."
    The difference is Vettel is young, and young people talk first and think afterwards...sometimes they dont even think at all!!!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still maintain, you would never hear of a Manchester City player saying that he one day dreamed of playing for Manchester United, and hoped to acheive this goal later in his career.

If it did happen, they player would pretty much be sacked.

I don't see how this situation is any different. I believe Sebastien's comments undermine the credibility of Red Bull, as if to say that no matter how successful they become, they will still lack the prestige of Ferrari. These are the kind of comments that would go down extreemly poorly with sponsors

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    as if to say that no matter how successful they become, they will still lack the prestige of Ferrari.
    That line is the answer. No team has or will ever have the prestige that Ferrari has. They are the only team to compete for the entire time that modern F1 has been around. They have history and prestige. Red Bull is an energy drink backed team, Ferrari have their road car division that all young boys dream of one day owning. I have never seen a young boy dream of owning a Red Bull can one day! It is a no contest. Only Macca can come close to Ferrari.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc

Funny how people will try to draw a parallel where there isn't one in order to make a point that does not exist.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    I still maintain, you would never hear of a Manchester City player saying that he one day dreamed of playing for Manchester United, and hoped to acheive this goal later in his career.

If it did happen, they player would pretty much be sacked.

I don't see how this situation is any different. I believe Sebastien's comments undermine the credibility of Red Bull, as if to say that no matter how successful they become, they will still lack the prestige of Ferrari. These are the kind of comments that would go down extreemly poorly with sponsors
    And on top of the above you are not Australian and certainly not a deeply hurt Webber fan!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    In the end is all about money and glory as for the other teams.