Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Cool "Bar Karma" - Great new TV show. Check it out!

I just stumbled onto this new show called "Bar Karma". It's a mystery/scifi show that is "community developed". There's even an iPhone/iPad app for it that allows/encourages collaboration with the writers. So apparently the show reacts to fan input on story lines. I'm still watching the first episode, but thus far, it is BRILLIANT! It reminds me somewhat of the (now canceled) show on AMC called "Rubicon". Nothing about it is transparent and it requires you to think outside the box to appreciate it.

In the U.S., it's on a rather obscure network called Current TV. Since that's not a network that I know much about (and I doubt many people follow), my hope is that it won't bow to pressure to be a commercial/ratings success (as Rubicon was). Here's the link for anyone interested.

Bar Karma - A Community Developed TV Series
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I just stumbled onto this new show called "Bar Karma". It's a mystery/scifi show that is "community developed". There's even an iPhone/iPad app for it that allows/encourages collaboration with the writers. So apparently the show reacts to fan input on story lines. I'm still watching the first episode, but thus far, it is BRILLIANT! It reminds me somewhat of the (now canceled) show on AMC called "Rubicon". Nothing about it is transparent and it requires you to think outside the box to appreciate it.

In the U.S., it's on a rather obscure network called Current TV. Since that's not a network that I know much about (and I doubt many people follow), my hope is that it won't bow to pressure to be a commercial/ratings success (as Rubicon was). Here's the link for anyone interested.

Bar Karma - A Community Developed TV Series
    AlGore's Current TV started as a great Idea but after hemorrhaging cash since it's debut has sold out to the more commercial fare of Movie reruns and reality shows.

As for Bar Karma.....Liked it better when it was the Twilight Zone.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Not to be taken as spam, but for anyone interested, the Bar Karma producers are offering viewers the chance to enter a contest to be on the production staff of the show for 6 months on salary ($40K, I believe).

Rubicon, The Walking Dead and several other shows have tried to draw viewers in with various interactive ideas. But this one is a bit different. The direction of the show has not been decided. So here's a chance for those with a creative streak to get involved and help decide that direction. Those without a creative streak will do what they typically do: sit in the Peanut Gallery and whine about what others are doing.

Have a look: Bar Karma writing contest
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith