Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Strict rules = boring generic cars?

[youtube]PIlWYsxzbF0[/youtube]

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    In answer to the title question, Boring generic cars would be seen if rules were ridiculously strict. Currently, I believe they are rather strict but we are not at the stage where we have generic cars so to speak, and we never have been. For the past 18-19 seasons all cars have looked similar, but there is still enough innovation in F1 for my personal liking.

Also, open rules sometimes results in uglier cars. Example: the 70s. Whilst there were a few beauties (*cough* Lotus) , many where ugly things in the ultimate era of open regs and mad innovations. And if we had more open regs now, we would see so many ugly winglets everywhere (literally) we'd all wish for a tightning of regulations. (Like pre-2009, perhaps on an even greater scale)

So on that basis, the balance between open and strict is just right for me in todays regs.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I agree with the conclusion.

It did look worrying when the F150 was launched but I fully agree with Sam Michaels that stricter rules makes you think and work harder.

It wasn't that long ago people were appreciating the pullrod making a comeback and now there's the double floor STR, Williams radical rear suspension but apart from McLaren - where has the love gone from forumites?