Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Ricciardo 2 tenth slower then redbull this kid should be given the drive

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...4213271Aussies Mark Webber and Daniel Ricciardo third and fourth respectively in F1 practice 3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:21.5224. Daniel Ricciardo, Toro Rosso, 1:21.755
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Duh! Replace an Aussie with another Aussie.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Based on one days testing when Mark Webber came close to winning the championship in 2010 and led most of the season, yeah, smart.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Do their times take into account tires, aero , fuel load.... no.

It's practice.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    ^ That post was from my mobile. Spellcheck changed "tyres" to American. I feel so ashamed...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yeah, and replace Massa with Sergio Perez at Ferrari, because he was 2nd fastest in a Sauber!!! ZOMG, Sergio FTW, best driver in F1 since Senna!

Do people not realize that this is winter testing?? All times right now are pretty much pointless. Would have expected something better from the Fox Sports website than that. The stupid hype that this Ricciardo guy generates is amazing. What's more incredible is that people buy into it. Haven't people learned anything so far by watching the F1 careers of guys like Kovalainen, Piquet Jr., Grosjean, Hulkenberg and Kobayashi?? The first four were big guns in GP2 but fizzled in F1. Kobayashi was the only surprise package, and he wasn't even that good in GP2.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Don't worry Thunderbolt, the young lads gonna have a big future in F1 but lets give him time. The names mentioned above have all fallen off the radar after being dropped in at the deep end with minimal testing and then everyone's surprised they are half a second off the pace. At least this slowly, slowly approach gives Daniel time to learn his craft and hit the ground running when he gets his hands on a race drive.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    maybe i should have worded it like this :are toro rosso mad not to be thinking about changing one of the drivers
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt
    maybe i should have worded it like this :are toro rosso mad not to be thinking about changing one of the drivers
    The only surity we'll have about this kid's hyped up speed is when he actually outqualifies either Algersuari or Buemi in proper qualifying. There are just too many variables in testing to properly gauge someone's speed. For example, Algersuari could have just been doing long runs with a full tank of fuel or running hard compounds, and Ricciardo could have been running in qualifying trim. Does anybody know what setups were the two running?

He'd probably get his chance in 2011 if STR decide to put him in for one or two races. At this moment, I'd bet my money on either of the regular STR drivers outqualifying him, because they've got the advantage of experience over him.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    The only surity we'll have about this kid's hyped up speed is when he actually outqualifies either Algersuari or Buemi in proper qualifying. There are just too many variables in testing to properly gauge someone's speed. For example, Algersuari could have just been doing long runs with a full tank of fuel or running hard compounds, and Ricciardo could have been running in qualifying trim. Does anybody know what setups were the two running?
    Especially true this year I think... on top of no refuelling (so large variation in fuel loads) we don't always know who is actually using their KERS or movable rear wing at this stage of testing. McLaren weren't using their KERS yesterday for example.