Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EavesFan09
    As a matter of interest, I have decided to trim down alot my interest in motorsport to just really Touring Cars and Endurance Racing. Interest in other types was getting too much for me. So the ALMS interests me now. And I have always wanted a queery answering. Why is it so many entries in the ALMS make up the Le Man 24 Hour? Especially in the LMP1 class.

I'm not a 100% sure but I don't think any Alms lmp1 cars raced at Le Mans last year. The pugs and Aston only raced a few Alms events and ran for the euro championship. Audi Sport NA didn't run the full Alms series last year either. Highcroft ran lmp2 and a bunch of Alms Gt2 cars ran.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    theres not many ALMS team in the Lemans field

last year, the representation was better in the GT2 field because the ALMS has a much better GT field than LMS has, and it showed, the Vettes, Risi, and Flying Lizards are always extremely fast.

but when it came to the LMP fields, there were only a few teams taken.

Audi, Peugeot, AMR, etc... havent run a full calendar year for any series really since 2008, and 09 for AMR.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    theres not many ALMS team in the Lemans field
    It is more varied now it seems.

In the LMP1 class Audi Joest, Audi North America, Peugeot Sport Total, Team Peugeot Total, OAK Racing, ORECA Matmut, Hope Racing and Highcroft all compete in the ALMS. Only Pescarolo and ASM Quifel are outright LMS teams. Rebellion Racing compete in the LMS but also in the ALMS and Aston Martin Racing are only to compete in the ILMC as far as I know.

In the LMP2 thankfully it is more even. Four represent the ALMS. OAK, SignaTech Nissan, Level 5 Motorsport and Team ORECA Matmut. But five are from the LMS in RML, Pencom, Greaves Motorsport, Race Performance and Strakka Racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they are only running the ILMC rounds, there are LMS rounds as well in that calendar. there are not many actual full-time ALMS teams this year which is quite sad, Autocon, Intersport are not due until later this year because they are getting updates for their lola's, Drayson is a maybe at best, and Highcroft, I have no clue but should run the whole race
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Well,...two days of (private)testing held on monday and tuesday, over and we cannot really have conclusion about performances of each protos/GTs

Note in the GT2 class the good health of the BMWs, but the Corvettes aren't far behind and the Ferraris started "slow" to climb up after...
    LMPCs (Oreca Chevrolet) are almost same pace of LMP2s(best of them with Honda/HPD engine) even if it's only testing as I stated earlier...

Sometimes the gasoline privateers(Highcroft, Rebellion and Milk especially)are in te times of the factory diesels, but once again...only testing

Tomorrow thursday start the official free practices and we should see clearer who is where...on http://scoring.americanlemans.com/scoring.php

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still see the diesels put the hammer down once qualifying starts.

RML has said HPD has been very restricted, they are having alot of problems with straightline speed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whose piloting the #098 Jaguar XKR? I have P J Jones and Paul Gentilozzi but the team who clocked 2:07.558 for the #098 XKR is Jones, Wilden and Moran.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I know active aero is banned but I wish the 458s could have a more aggressive air intakes on the front.

Front end looks like a Trans-Am car from the 2000s.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Peugeot's Marc Gene, Anthony Davidson and Alex Wurz tops the Night Practice with 1:48.901 to the 1:49.370 set by McNish, Capello and Kristensen.

http://americanlemans.com/files/resu...actice%203.pdf

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Peugeot was wicked fast in the dark at the Petit LeMans as well. It really likes the cooler air.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)