Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Drayson Racing didnt race, that was Dyson Racing
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Drayson Racing didnt race, that was Dyson Racing
    Soz about that. Spelling mistake. Dunno why I keep on saying Drayson when I know it is Dyson. As I said earlier, theirs a documentary on a TV Channel called Dave which follows Lord Dyson in the 2007 ALMS season I think when they ran the EEMS Bio-Fuel Aston Martin with Barwell.

Just to give my view of the opening race in the ALMS season, I think in the LMP1 class, from what I saw of the highlights on Eurosport, Peugeot made a few errors which led to crashes with Audi. Could they have done better had they not made as many crashes into the tyre wall? In the GT class, Corvette will have been taken completely unaware by how competitive the BMW Motorsport team is and in the GT-AM, I am happy CRS finished 3rd in class but I think they are big enough to do better.

Btw, I see on http://scoring.americanlemans.com in the GT class, the #001 Extreme Sports Motorsport Ferarri of Sharp/van Overbeek/Farnbacher held on to 16th despite being classed as retired because the #099 Jaguar RSR of Junqueira/da Matta/Servia finished behind in 17th but didn't retire. Same with the Panoz Racing Panoz Abruzzi and the West Yokohama Racing Gallardo who are clased as finishing in 18th and 19th but had retired.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sometimes those are wrong, clearly some of them ran a few amount of laps but are not retired, they might have been in the paddock with the crews working the whole time, while the other teams called it a day maybe, I dunno, but they were all likely retired from the event
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Congrats to Chaunac and Oreca

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was there and have been the past 3 years. The crowd was much bigger even though there are no true stands to take a head count. The course was lined with people on both sides of the track, where permited. There is an overflow parking lot way outside of turn 17 that was completely full. A very enthusiastic crowd as well. These people know how to enjoy themselves. On another note, the brand specific car corrals were well attended in corvettes, porche and ferrari areas. Fireworks at the end were darn good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anywhere I can get the teams and drivers points standings in all classes in both the ILMC and ALMS??

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    If you want to watch again the 12 hours race...take a look at http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=video and enjoy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Highcroft Racing has pulled LM entry and ends Honda support.

Kronos Aston Martin IN

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91461

so it looks like Highcroft is looking for a new car and get back into ALMS again fulltime, I'm suspecting a Lola again, unless they can get a customer Audi or Peugeot???