Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Tony, being a journalist perhaps you should do a bit of digging into the relationship between the different branchs of Honda. You might be surprised at what you find.
    I have.....I stand by my statement.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Now that Honda will no longer be the sole provider of engines after 2011, it will cut back its sponsorship accordingly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It ain't good for IndyCar. (I dont't think anyone said that by the way.) But it ain't bad either - there are probably more posts in this thread than the number people awake in the USA when the race is run. I just hope an oval track replacement can be found.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Nashville would be my pick.

As for this assumption Honda had turned on the race. Well first off, contrary to what you believe Tony, American Honda almost DOES operate separate from Japan for marketing purposes. Considering Honda makes more cars in North America and sells more in North America than it does in Japan, I would wager Honda America dictates how to market to this market, and since head office probably isn't big on the race at Motegi, it isn't any sweat off Honda America's nose now is it? If they pulled the engines out altogether, your doom and gloom attitude would find traction....but that isnt' happening.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Nashville would be my pick.

As for this assumption Honda had turned on the race. Well first off, contrary to what you believe Tony, American Honda almost DOES operate separate from Japan for marketing purposes. Considering Honda makes more cars in North America and sells more in North America than it does in Japan, I would wager Honda America dictates how to market to this market, and since head office probably isn't big on the race at Motegi, it isn't any sweat off Honda America's nose now is it? If they pulled the engines out altogether, your doom and gloom attitude would find traction....but that isnt' happening.
    No Mark you're wrong. Didn't you see Tony's last response? He's done a bang up job on digging into that. [/SARC]
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken