Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah, I left Nashville out because it's only about a three hour drive from Barber and Firestone who sponsored the races is fairly questionable about it's future involvement in Indycar. Maybe Dario and the missus can drum up a little support for their "home" racetrack

IMHO, Pocono was posturing a little trying to keep their two NASCAR weekends. I don't see real interest from the Mattioli family. The catch fencing and safer walls had little to do with Inycars, if anything. There has been concern about he backstretch for years, and several cars grew wings last season.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Did I say anything at all about them defying Honda Japan? Honda America had little, if anything, to do with the Motegi race. You said:

I am suggesting that Honda Japan (not Honda America the group sponsoring IndyCar) pulled the plug on Motegi, but that doesn't necessarily have much, again if any, impact on Honda America's continued participation in IndyCar. The sports number one backer DIDN'T pull the plug. Their parent company pulled the plug on THEIR race, one that meant virtually nothing to the "number one backer" itself.

As "journalist" surely you would understand how little that race meant to Honda America.

Gary

Here is a little fact for you.....Honda is one company. Honda America is Honda. Honda is Honda America.

Get it?

Now explain how Honda dumping the Motegi race is a good thing!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Here is a little fact for you.....Honda is one company. Honda America is Honda. Honda is Honda America.

Get it?

Now explain how Honda dumping the Motegi race is a good thing!!!
    You are right, they are one in the same, but they have seperate budgets. If Honda America is short on it's budget because it is building a brand new Indycar engine, that money has to come from another part of it's budget, thus, sending the Indycar Series to Japan each year takes a back seat.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    You are right, they are one in the same, but they have seperate budgets. If Honda America is short on it's budget because it is building a brand new Indycar engine, that money has to come from another part of it's budget, thus, sending the Indycar Series to Japan each year takes a back seat.
    So Honda, like many other auto manufacturers, decided to cut their budget and the part of the budget they decided to cut was in IndyCar?

So how is that a good thing?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What part of Marlboro is still pumping $40M or so a year into Ferrari? Remember when There were two teams in Indycars wiht Marlboro sponsorship? Penske got his money directly from Richmond. IIRC, Pat Patrick's money came from their international marketing.

In the end, you are correct, it's all Honda untill American Honda is a totally seperate corporate company, however one budget does not necessarily affect the other. I seriously doubt HPD and American' Honda's advertising budget was paying the bill on the Motegi race. To be honest, I was suprized it continued as long as it did once Toyota left the series.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So Honda, like many other auto manufacturers, decided to cut their budget and the part of the budget they decided to cut was in IndyCar?

The part of the budget they decided to cut was ONE RACE in IndyCar. A race that I, like others here, doubt was part of Honda America's budget. This race had zero importance to Honda America. No one said it was a good thing. What was said was that your implication that "the sky is falling" was ridiculous. What was said was that it made little difference to Indycar, its fans in the states and to Honda America. So tell us, why is it SO important?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did anyone expect that Honda would continue to foot the bill for a fly away race, contested on a track they own, by a series where the majority of teams will likely be using a competetors engines in 2012? They currently sponsor how many races 5(?), fund more than one driver, a major team in the series and supply 100% of the engines. Chevy and Lotus will need to step up, as will

The series NEEDS to get off the Honda teet.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow.....so much spin!!
    Still anxiously waiting for your answer. Why is the Motegi race so important? You're the one who thinks it means the sky is falling. So why is that?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're gonna have to show me where Honda has said that they have cut their budget. It appears to me that they have re-allocated portions of their budget from a race in Japan (that it appears did not give good ROI, and no one cared about) to building a new engine for 2012.

You need to explain how this is a bad thing.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken