Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
I'm with Dylan, they seem to have lost momentum, and that Spa race seems such a long time ago. Also, if the number of posts in this thread is anything to go by they don't stir the interest of even hardened fans.
Last year their developments didn't work out in the real world whereas in the season before that they more or less did and especially at Monza and Spa.

I like FI. Was sceptical to begin with but they're a good little team. I don't know why they don't stir the fans. They were a joke team in a former guise and back to being a decent midfield squad. Hopefully mid-2010 was just a blip and rectified.

James Key had a lot of praise for the organisation at the end of 2009. Very impressed by the staff, organisation, R&D & CFD. Wonder why he jumped back to Sauber?

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
It doesn't look really innovative for a car which had extra development time, does it?

Who cares, let's see if the real VJM04 has something special that we haven't seen. Until its track debut, it's hard to know whether what we ve seen is the actual car and not some kind of interim model.
The sidepods have a more aggressive undercut that last year. The inlets are narrower and more triangular in shape.

As well as slimmer sidepods and coke bottles, the other trend is placement of the exhausts and angle of attack over the diffuser. Any shots of the rear of the car?