Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I read it one of two ways , and either could be correct .

He's a guy talking about his replacement , and he wants that guy to genuinely be fast , and carry the team forward .
    He seems well liked in the paddock , so that may well be the case . That being that he isn't afraid of anyone anyway .

Or , it might be easy to think he's a guy who's suggesting a team-mate least likely to succeed in carrying the team forward .
    Vitaly is the one who said that Robert was not much of a mentor , and that suggests that he's one man in casual dress , and quite another in his racing suit .
    And given is that he is crazy enough to risk his drive this close to the season , shows he is driven enough to be crazy enough to win it all .

That kind of ego would never put the best man for the job in the seat .

A large part of the enjoyment during his recovery would be to see that Vitaly now has a little of his mentoring , so that he beats his new team-mate . We've seen Robert beat Vitaly comprehensively , so , from that , we can extrapolate that Robert is better than anyone who replaces him , as long as his team-mate holds up well .

I don't know which it is , but it's one or the other .

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    I can't understand his logic on this one. I think it might be going back to his BMW rant about Nick costing him the title in 2008.
    I'm a fan of Liuzzi, but to say that he is better than Heidfeld is ridiculous.

And Nick costing him the title in 2008? I don't remember anything about that. All I remember is Kubica complaining about the team, despite the fact that they gave him the Canada win when Nick had put himself in a winning position.

What I want to know is: say Heidfeld starts the season, but then before say, Australia, it emerges that Robert will return for Monaco. What then happens if Heidfeld wins three out of the first five races? Does Kubica replace Petrov, or does he not get his seat back at all?

I know he's pretty unlikely to return by then, if at all this year, but it would be interesting to see how Renault handle that dilemma if it occurs.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    I'm a fan of Liuzzi, but to say that he is better than Heidfeld is ridiculous.

And Nick costing him the title in 2008? I don't remember anything about that. All I remember is Kubica complaining about the team, despite the fact that they gave him the Canada win when Nick had put himself in a winning position.

What I want to know is: say Heidfeld starts the season, but then before say, Australia, it emerges that Robert will return for Monaco. What then happens if Heidfeld wins three out of the first five races? Does Kubica replace Petrov, or does he not get his seat back at all?

I know he's pretty unlikely to return by then, if at all this year, but it would be interesting to see how Renault handle that dilemma if it occurs.
    what happens if they pass out free crack at all 5 races. Maybe we will all think Heidfield won.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Heidfeld confirmed, announcement imminent.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Heidfeld confirmed, announcement imminent.
    Done

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89513
    May the forza be with you

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    what happens if they pass out free crack at all 5 races. Maybe we will all think Heidfield won.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody

I think you can buy the team and then you can decide If you put a tenner on an accumulator of Kubica to be fit before Monaco, and Heidfeld to win 3 out of 5 races, you'll be able to afford it!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    At least we can stop mentioning JV or any other has beens now , unless he is going to get the 2nd HRT seat
    Leicester City F.C. :beer:
    when your smiling the whole world smiles with youuuuuuuuuuu

Neil_LCFC
    V8 Thunder #05

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Last big chance for Nick. 33 years old and (admittedly via less than ideal means) he finds himself in, what appears to be, a top, top car.

Best of luck to the weirdy beardy.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I'd like nothing more than to see "Quick Nick" win a race this year. Relish the opportunity Nicky boy..
    I'll just go ahead and quote this as I feel the exact same way.