Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Force India and Virgin Launch Thread

Apart from Hispania (Who launch at the final test in Bahrain), these are the only 2 left. Virgin launch their VR-02 at the BBC TV Centre on Monday and Force India have also announced that instead of originally planning to launch the VJM-04 at the Jerez test, instead it'll be online via their website on Tuesday

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89308
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I'm probably most intrigued to see the Virgin of those two. Can they hold onto the coat tails of Team Lotus or will the B class teams be down to two this season?
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Are Virgin sticking to CFD this season?
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Very much so. They've spent mega bucks on a huge super computer to do the math for them.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Could be a real meaningful year for that approach if they have some pace!
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    . . .

May the forza be with you

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I'm probably most intrigued to see the Virgin of those two. Can they hold onto the coat tails of Team Lotus or will the B class teams be down to two this season?
    I suspect Lotus will leave them behind, Wirth seems to be the only person that believes CFD can handle the exceptionally complex aero modelling without a windtunnel to corelate the data.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    I suspect Lotus will leave them behind, Wirth seems to be the only person that believes CFD can handle the exceptionally complex aero modelling without a windtunnel to corelate the data.
    In the automotive world perhaps. But I think I am right in saying that Scaled Composites (makers of spaceship one and now virgin galactic's spaceship two - VSS Enterprise) didn't once go within spitting distance of a wind tunnel, designed exclusively on computers. So there is a precedence for this technology allowing the little guys to take on the big cheese on equal footings.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Look forward to seeing Virgins new design and as said seeing if they can keep up with Team Lotus and attach to the mid field.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    In the automotive world perhaps. But I think I am right in saying that Scaled Composites (makers of spaceship one and now virgin galactic's spaceship two - VSS Enterprise) didn't once go within spitting distance of a wind tunnel, designed exclusively on computers. So there is a precedence for this technology allowing the little guys to take on the big cheese on equal footings.
    But Virgin still aren't spending as much on CFD as any of the big hitters, or if I'm not mistaken as much as most of the midfield players either. I'm not expecting them to keep up with Lotus (either of them!) this year. Still, with Marussia on board I think they'll be turning a small profit which was what their real aim was anyway.