Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking Who's better - PT V Sea Bass? FIGHT!!!

Last time these two were racing to gether the sparks flew. With the teams they might be driving for this year, they could find then selves in close company again on track.

Will sparks fly again? this can only be good for the series.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Given equal equipment, I'd say PT would have a hard time getting close enough to SeaBass for them to mix it up.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Obviously Bourdais, by a considerable margin.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it depends on the track.

With equal equipment, I would say Bourdais on most road/street courses, but I think Tracy has the edge on oval tracks. Tracy's edge on ovals is mostly due to experience than anything else. Plus, Tracy seems to be a more aggressive racer than Bourdais, which works well on ovals.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At present time, it would be Bourdais. If I could match Paul in his prime against Seabass, then I'd take PT in a nanosecond.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Obviously Bourdais, by a considerable margin.
    Obviously? How is that obvious? When the two did race together, PT got inside seabass's head on more than one occasion. If you are using the measure of seabass's championships, I say that's a total apples and oranges comparison because of the HUGE difference in competition the two of them have had. Seabass MIGHT be better, but I'd hardly call it "obvious".

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If the comparison is based on level of competition then Seabass should walk away with that ugly trophy the ICS gives away.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pt was definately in seabasses head. The only thing that kept sb ahead was a better team and some questionable calls by cotman. Hope these two get to compete against each other again, might renew my interest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bourdais is the more complete driver - he was able to consistently put things together for wins. However, there is little question that Tracy is a more exciting driver... I suspect on their best days they are pretty equal - but SB seems to have more good days..... If you want a measure of the driver quality ask yourself this - "If Bourdais had been a Penske driver from day one where do you think he'd be working today?" Tracy found himself on the outside of one of the best teams in motorsports, a team that is notoriously loyal to its drivers despite their issues... (Al Jr., Hornish, even Helio...)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've questioned how good Bourdais really is for quite a while. I've wondered if he raced in CART during the 90's against those fields whether he would've been a champion at all. His stint in F1 was a big disappointment. Getting out performed by Vettle is one thing, getting out performed by Sebastian Buemi, a rookie, was another. I thought that was really an eye opener.