Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Great !!! Victor Senra on entrylist too(regional) with his fabulous 306 Maxi

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Great !!! Victor Senra on entrylist too(regional) with his fabulous 306 Maxi
    He will not start

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pucky54
    Too bad Pons, Hevia and D. Perez choose to drive in the national rally only.

http://www.rallyislascanarias.com/do...FIAIRC2011.pdf

http://www.rallyislascanarias.com/do...GIONAL2011.pdf
    Their cars are 50 kg lighter than IRC cars so they can only compete in national rally.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    They can choose to have normal weight and fight in IRC or have it 50 kg lighter and fight only for national rally. I must say I hate this spanish "help regulations" for a long time...

...and in the end its always bad for the spectators who want to see how their "local" heroes are compared to the regular IRC guys

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Maybe Xevi Pons doesnt want to be beaten by IRC drivers?

Thats for sure

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Maybe Xevi Pons doesnt want to be beaten by IRC drivers?
    Do you really think that Pons would have any chance against the IRC drivers?
    Their struggle is a national championship, he should forget the IRC because they have nothing to do.
    Canary Islands, Natural and Racing Paradise!

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    They can choose to have normal weight and fight in IRC or have it 50 kg lighter and fight only for national rally. I must say I hate this spanish "help regulations" for a long time...
    I agree. It is not logical for the spectators and I don't understand how the sponsors could be happy when they only compete in their national rally as there is an important international rally on the same roads.

One of the good things of the ERC and IRC is that the best local drivers can compete for a good result in their home rally, while this isn't the case anymore for years in the WRC due to the high costs and the stupid regulations there.

Pons isn't fast enough to compete for a good result in IRC. I still don't understand why Pons was SWRC champion last year. Hevia is (much) faster.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    I agree. It is not logical for the spectators and I don't understand how the sponsors could be happy when they only compete in their national rally as there is an important international rally on the same roads.

One of the good things of the ERC and IRC is that the best local drivers can compete for a good result in their home rally, while this isn't the case anymore for years in the WRC due to the high costs and the stupid regulations there.

Pons isn't fast enough to compete for a good result in IRC. I still don't understand why Pons was SWRC champion last year. Hevia is (much) faster.
    Fully agree with that, plus if somebody does that as local driver beating top IRC guys, it could give him maybe more oppertunities for his career. Xevi Pons is definately scared and his SWRC was a fluke sadly.