Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Has anyone else noticed the tremendous irony that Hugo Chávez is a very vocal opponent of capitalism yet is prepared to throw state money in sponsorship of both the state owned oil company and the country itself into what's arguably a highly capitalist sport?
    I find it amusing considering that Williams at one point also had the name of Bin Laden of their cars as well.

I guess it doesn't matter who you take your money from does it?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Has anyone else noticed the tremendous irony that Hugo Chávez is a very vocal opponent of capitalism yet is prepared to throw state money in sponsorship of both the state owned oil company and the country itself into what's arguably a highly capitalist sport?
    I find it amusing considering that Williams at one point also had the name of Bin Laden of their cars as well.

I guess it doesn't matter who you take your money from does it?
    I think it was quite an easy decision for him after China busted the wall down.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    By Jove, Adrian!

I've been wondering why the exhausts were very low and angled.

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/0...lown-diffuser/

“ The only openings in the diffuser are the starter motor hole and a 5cm area on the outer section of floor. Exhausts could be routed to this outer section of floor, but routing the large diameter exhausts across the floor could create their own blockage effect in-between the rear wheels. Offsetting the benefit they are supposed to provide.” (http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/0...and-solutions/)

It appears Newey had the same idea and has presented the modified RB7 with flattened exhausts reaching rearwards under carbon over these reach towards the outer 5cm of floor and blow under the raised lip in the floor. The fast moving exhaust gas then curves inside and blows out via the sidewall of the diffuser (shown below with the red arrow).

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Something about this trick forward facing exhaust sounds fishy to me .

Remembering the exhaust stickers from last year has me wondering if Newey is messing with the other designers , getting them in a panic about just what is going on there .
    It seems too early to let this cat out of the bag .
    I am wondering if the cat is really a red herring .

The concept of adding heat to the underside of the car too far forwards seems flawed to me . Adding it to the mix farther back makes more sense , as the gasses are expanding due to the diffuser , and adding heat should help that expansion .
    But adding it too far forward would have the gasses expanding under the car , where you are trying to speed them up by dropping the pressure .

Tossing all that heat out in front of the rear tire seems a bit sketchy to me as well .

I think we'll see a few different bends in those pipes at the first race , if not before .

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Something about this trick forward facing exhaust sounds fishy to me .

Remembering the exhaust stickers from last year has me wondering if Newey is messing with the other designers , getting them in a panic about just what is going on there .
    It seems too early to let this cat out of the bag .
    I am wondering if the cat is really a red herring .

The concept of adding heat to the underside of the car too far forwards seems flawed to me . Adding it to the mix farther back makes more sense , as the gasses are expanding due to the diffuser , and adding heat should help that expansion .
    But adding it too far forward would have the gasses expanding under the car , where you are trying to speed them up by dropping the pressure .

Tossing all that heat out in front of the rear tire seems a bit sketchy to me as well .

I think we'll see a few different bends in those pipes at the first race , if not before .
    Newey hasn't done a forward facing exhaust has he?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Newey hasn't done a forward facing exhaust has he?
    Yeah , yer right . Not enough coffee .

But , it still sounds fishy .

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    By Jove, Adrian!

I've been wondering why the exhausts were very low and angled.

It looks like Ferrari have the only rear end to even come close to channeling air at the back-end like the RB7

For your viewing pleasure , mokin:

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    they are safe for the first four rounds, no need to use KERS.