Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jaysus, that new Renault paint job is ugly.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm guessing the exhaust routing on the Ferrari needs a bit of snagging work done.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9387516.stm

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    And as has been pointed out elsewhere (can't recall where) the fire revealed where the Ferrari engineers have routed the exhausts; straight through the starter motor hole of the diffuser.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    And as has been pointed out elsewhere (can't recall where) the fire revealed where the Ferrari engineers have routed the exhausts; straight through the starter motor hole of the diffuser.
    Wasn't there a new rule saying that the starter motor hole should only be sufficient to attach a starter motor or something like that?

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    Wasn't there a new rule saying that the starter motor hole should only be sufficient to attach a starter motor or something like that?
    The rule was clarified thusly;

3.12.7 An aperture for the purpose of allowing access for the device referred to in Article 5.16 is permitted in this surface. However, no such aperture may have an area greater than 3500mm2 when projected onto the surface itself and no point on the aperture may be more than 100mm from any other point on the aperture.

My reading of that is they have regulated the size of the hole but do not forbid it to be used for blowing exhaust gasses into.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Colour me comfused!

How have Team Lotus managed another test day at Valencia? When I first read they were staying on for today it appeared that they were doing filming work (which as I understand it is allowed) but they've run dozens of laps and posted times in the 1m15s!

Have I missed something here? Why didn't everyone else stay on if the track was open?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Colour me comfused!

How have Team Lotus managed another test day at Valencia? When I first read they were staying on for today it appeared that they were doing filming work (which as I understand it is allowed) but they've run dozens of laps and posted times in the 1m15s!

Have I missed something here? Why didn't everyone else stay on if the track was open?
    They must be very fast recording laps then. Sauber did the same thing on monday.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    They did do filming work but the managed a handful of quick installation like laps near the end of their runs. Basically they made up for missing the 1st day.

Trulli's best time was 1:15.679 which puts him 12th of the 16 drivers that drove the 2011 cars this week (Kovalainen;s 1:15.910 puts him 13th) and thats consdering that the team never really did much setup work because of the power steering problems, so all in all, its very promising for the Green Lotus.

Looking forward to Jerez already when McLaren, Force India and Virgin join the 2011 fray
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I´m afraid that the bull will lap the whole field come race day, the new car is an evoloution of last years car and it has perhaps already as much downforce.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    ^^^ I can't see that happening in modern F1. They'll certainly be at the sharp end but to lap the field they'd need a second a lap advantage.