8. Timo Glock Virgin Racing 01:15.408 0
    9. Rubens Barrichello Williams 01:16.023 0
    10. Sergio Perez Sauber 01:16.198 0
    11. Pastor Maldonado Williams 01:16.266 0
    12. Sebastien Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso 01:16.359 0
    13. Jaime Alguersuari Scuderia Toro Rosso 01:16.474 0
    14. Mark Webber Red Bull 01:17.365 0
    15. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus F1 01:20.649 0
    Karthikeyan 6th in an HRT. Looks like a glory run on fumes to attract some sponsors. Anyway this is testing, so it doesn't matter much. What's clear so far is that Red Bull, Mclaren and Ferrari have been consistently at the top. I'm guessing Mclaren's new car this week is only going to be an improvement.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Karthikeyan 6th in an HRT. Looks like a glory run on fumes to attract some sponsors. Anyway this is testing, so it doesn't matter much. What's clear so far is that Red Bull, Mclaren and Ferrari have been consistently at the top. I'm guessing Mclaren's new car this week is only going to be an improvement.
    I can only agree! From everything I read, and just the intuitive insight of a grizzled old veteran like ailor: brings to the table
    Ferrari and probably all the top teams which outside of McLaren, Renault, and Red Bull (I'd like to add Mercedes, and Williams) but I can't go out on that limb, although they may both be at the sharp end. These guys are not going to show their best aero parts, even on slow laps because these guys are so good at guessing how much fuel a car is running, they just can't let them be seen. I'm also guessing McLaren have the new steering wheel as it appears that is the one thing that the driver can really practice, and gain valuable seat time.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Its early days (well 2 days infact) but what are the early signs

FERRARI: The car looks a winner already, great early promise

RED BULL: The car is great but I dont think they will be dominating as much as people think

MERCEDES: Got a funny feeling they will have stagnated but I can see Schumi having a better season this year, albeit only slightly

RENAULT: Good early promise but im still a bit iffy on that frontways exhaust

THE MID-PACK: For me, Williams have the slight edge over Sauber, looking forward to seeing what Force India bring to the party. Toro Rosso I think could fall into the clutches of 1 or 2 of last years newbie teams

LAST YEAR'S NEWBIE TEAMS: despite power steering problems, Kovalainen's noted huge improvements in the Lotus and Virgin have looked suprising with what is essentially last years chassis so 2011 bodes very well for both those teams if this is anything to go by.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Karthikeyan 6th in an HRT. Looks like a glory run on fumes to attract some sponsors. Anyway this is testing, so it doesn't matter much.
    Even with no fuel, no ballast and a rocket booster strapped to the back, being 3s off last year's best times is quite surprising for an HRT!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    ^^^ indeed. So they must be under weight too
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Karthikeyan,s time was according to sources in Valencia, incorrect,and the press were waiting for the team to confirm the correct time for his his fastest run.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Testing

I get the impression that Lewis is quite upbeat,and feels that the Mac could be advanced in some respects,of there competitors.But this could be bulls**t,and us mortals will have to wait and see!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    To be honest, this year my interest about pre-season has been greatly smaller than in previous years. Maybe because 2009 and 2010 included so many changes in pecking order and now it is calming down. When talking about predictions (interesting that I don't remember any such threads this year!!) I haven't really expected any changes to the pecking order. Top three teams in some kind of order are there and probably close together, it feels a bit of a long shot to expect Mercedes and Renault to really mix it up with them in the title fight. My main interest is related to Team Lotus - also because they are the main team, who I have been looking forward to really improve and mix it with the midfield. Shame that they are missing KERS though - this could turn out to be costly.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    Karthikeyan,s time was according to sources in Valencia, incorrect,and the press were waiting for the team to confirm the correct time for his his fastest run.
    Well that would explain it... with no fuel, no ballast, a rocket booster and a massive timing error an HRT could probably just about get within 3 seconds of the pace

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    To be honest, this year my interest about pre-season has been greatly smaller than in previous years. Maybe because 2009 and 2010 included so many changes in pecking order and now it is calming down. When talking about predictions (interesting that I don't remember any such threads this year!!) I haven't really expected any changes to the pecking order. Top three teams in some kind of order are there and probably close together, it feels a bit of a long shot to expect Mercedes and Renault to really mix it up with them in the title fight. My main interest is related to Team Lotus - also because they are the main team, who I have been looking forward to really improve and mix it with the midfield. Shame that they are missing KERS though - this could turn out to be costly.
    I'm sure Team Lotus could have bought the Renault Kers-unit from...eee Lotus-Renault. I don't understand why they didn't do that.
    “Leave me alone!”