Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know very little about aero, maybe someone can clarify... warm or hot air is associated with low pressure and by heating the air underneath, reducing the air pressure it should pull the car down? Is this what's going on here?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet
    I know very little about aero, maybe someone can clarify... warm or hot air is associated with low pressure and by heating the air underneath, reducing the air pressure it should pull the car down? Is this what's going on here?
    Warm air is less dense I think, but the effect Renault/Lotus/Proton/Lada (delete as appropriate) are aiming for here is an increase in the flow of air under the car. Faster flowing air (the more air you get under the car, the faster it has to flow) has less pressure than the slower moving air above the car. Therefore, there is more downforce pushing the car and thus tyres into the ground.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    At least Team Lotus' challenger looks like a proper racing car this season unlike that ancient box they were racing with in 2010. And this is really a vital season to them - in order to prove themselves as a serious race team with a fruitful future, they must improve massively. So a lot of pressure on them to perform.