Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts

May the forza be with you

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I know these pit lane launches are all the rage, and save money, but somehow (for me at least) there's a distinct lack of excitement generated.

The big front & small rear wings are as fugly as they were when they were introduced. We're just used to them now.

Renault have made a pigs ear of a classic black & gold design, and I'm still none the wiser as to why they've gone for that colour scheme.

Sauber seem to have found a few new stickers for this year and the Lotus looks the most adventurous of the lot, but then that is comparing it with their 2010 brick!!
    Not really a big fan of change, are you Personally I think that the black/gold, while not being a carbon copy of the JPS livery, looks pretty freakin' sweet, as does the rest of the car. No point really commenting on them though, it'll all be change by the time that the first race rolls round.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

What on gods green earth is that? VV
    I mean I know what it is, but it looks like someone took a hammer to it.
    http://s5.directupload.net/images/110131/3qyiryni.jpg

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Interesting design to the Lotus roll hoop, I thought that balde look was now illegal on safety issues but the central spar is very thick so it might have been enough to get around it. T128 is definietly the best looking of the 4 new cars so far, too much gold on the Renault.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz

What on gods green earth is that? VV
    I mean I know what it is, but it looks like someone took a hammer to it.
    What are you on about, if its the concave section on top of the monocoque, its just copying what Red Bull have been doing with their horns for the last two years.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Not really a big fan of change, are you
    Quite the opposite. It's the lack of change I'm not a fan of.

I'd love to see the cars lined up on a grid, painted in exactly the same colour, and see how well everyone could identify each teams car.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    What are you on about, if its the concave section on top of the monocoque, its just copying what Red Bull have been doing with their horns for the last two years.
    Actually what I was concerned about was an optical illusion that was caused by a refletion of a very high resolution picture.
    Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrry mokin:

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I know these pit lane launches are all the rage, and save money, but somehow (for me at least) there's a distinct lack of excitement generated.
    I prefer it this way. Hated the days of car launches at places like the Grosvenor and Eddie Jordan and Nicky Fry coming up horse manure from their mouths and printers.

I know its wishful thinking but ideally the day before the tests should be an official media day but different teams have different schedules.

Renault have made a pigs ear of a classic black & gold design, and I'm still none the wiser as to why they've gone for that colour scheme.
    Sad that two teams want to pull on people's heart strings for sympathy and attention as an excuse to sort their troubles

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Agreed, the days of teams spending millions on a big launch ceremony are gone, and they won't particularly be missed by me. They didn't serve any sporting purpose at all!

Better just to have an hour before the start of the first test where the team has some photos taken around the car and then get back to work!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Talking of which there are now 3 car manufacturers displayed on their livery!
    Which, to be quite honest, is just plain ridiculous. The team's identifity is a complete blur now as well.