Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    You can clearly see, exhaust is blown partly through the starter hole.
    Somehow Felipe still managed to get in 80 laps!!

May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    You can clearly see, exhaust is blown partly through the starter hole.
    Somehow Felipe still managed to get in 80 laps!!
    Felipe accidently hit the Go-Go Gadget Button ailor:

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    By the way, do you consider this year's Ferrari -or what we've seen of it so far- to be conservative or innovative? I can't think of many recent innovations which Ferrari have developed, yet they are almost always close to the frontrunners, if it isn't them who are first.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope the F150 goes down in flames.

Well, off to a good start...
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    By the way, do you consider this year's Ferrari -or what we've seen of it so far- to be conservative or innovative? I can't think of many recent innovations which Ferrari have developed, yet they are almost always close to the frontrunners, if it isn't them who are first.
    It will either be innovative or it will not be competitive. There are still too many unknowns.
    KERS, actual wings, and aero devices that are used when it counts, (as we do not know what they are holding back if it is anything of substance). If someone else breaks out a new solution before the end of testing, and other teams show up with something similar it does not mean it is necessarily a copy. It may just be that the team already had it and didn't feel the need to display it. In regard to Ferrari, their positioning of their push-rod assembly may be problematic, or it may be genius. But it is definitely innovative. I think McLaren learned a valuable lesson last year, and probably have some alternative solutions that will integrate quite easily into the 26. That long wheel base and historically T.O.T.L. KERS puts them in a very good position to start from.

As for reality, when Ferrari came up with innovations in the past the other teams cried foul. After being approved by the FIA they were deemed “Ferrari International Assistance”.

It appears to this observer that it all adds up to anti-Ferrari fanaticism. Luckily the championship is not handed out to the team that comes up with the most innovations. It is given to the team/pilot that is consistently fastest and where they finish in the standings at the end of the year. One thing I suggest you do not overlook is that Ferrari will most likely not have to fight ¾ of the season wondering if they have enough engines to make it to the end.
    That may be all they need!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I think ferrari has a good base to build on, a rather conservative approach compared to the mac but they not have to play catch up with so many unknown factors.