Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Super Bowl Picks!

Well, Im excited the Super Bowl is almost here. It sucks the Bears didnt make it. I was pulling for them.

I am just glad I dont have to see or hear Rex Ryan at the Super Bowl. I am going to pull for the Green Bay Packers and I think they will win.

What's everyone else's thoughts ??
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not a fan of either team(Just really glad the Jersey Jets aren't in it) so the numbers and match ups lean towards the Steelers.
    Vegas has GB by 2.5 but that is more a product of the team's underdog status and popularity.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    too bad the Jets didn't make it - now I have to listen to the steel curtain dynasty sh!t for two weeks
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan

I am just glad I dont have to see or hear Rex Ryan at the Super Bowl.
    I am also.

Coaches shouldn't be popping off like he did!
    If a player does he has to go in the game with a bull’s eye on his Jersey, and take his medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    now I have to listen to the steel curtain dynasty sh!t for two weeks
    Also something that will nauseate me.

Usually when there is a Superbowl that I doesn't include a team care for, I go with the AFC.
    !f it's an old AFL team
    (which Pittsburg isn't)
    I'm pretty sure I won&#8217]Roamy remember when "Broadway Joe" guaranteed a Jets win in Superbowl 3[/B]

I believe that was back in 19 sixty and 9

Seems like just yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDg5vacKOs4
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    The Dallas Cowboys for me..
    The game is between Pittsburg, and Green Bay

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I'll be honest I haven't got a clue when it comes to American Football. I don't think I've ever watched more than about 5 minutes in my life so possibly not the greatest idea of mine to make a prediction.

One question I do have which has probably been asked a thousand times is, why is it called American Football??
    Post. Of. The. Year! ROFL!
    All other opinions are wrong....

I'll be honest I haven't got a clue when it comes to American Football. I don't think I've ever watched more than about 5 minutes in my life so possibly not the greatest idea of mine to make a prediction.

One question I do have which has probably been asked a thousand times is, why is it called American Football??
    It's not called "American Football" in the US. It's just called Football. I use the former expression on here because the term Soccer always gets ridiculed.
    None of this is to be confused with The National Football League, and the American Football League. Those two leagues merged around 1971 or so. The NFL pre merger was the establisment and had been around since at least the 1930's The AFL started in 1960 I believe. In the first two Superbowls (although they weren’t actually referred to as such) Were dominated by the NFL. The video link I pasted to my previous post had to do with The first time the NFL got beaten by the AFL. Joe Namath guaranteed it, even though they were like 18-22 point underdogs. He was just one in many real characters that played in sports that, well, are very American. At the time Namath was arguably the best, and he lived fast and loose.
    You could say he was the James Hunt of American Football

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Packers! This game is going to be tough for the Green Bay defense, but I'm hoping it will hold up the Steelers.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jay Cutler is a wuss!

Football > Soccer

Just keep that in mind when you're favorite player is faking a foul.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Jay Cutler is a wuss!
    Judgmental couch potato!

Cutler suffered a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee!!! Sorry he didn't cry like a school girl to appease your ignorance.

He led a mediocre team to a conference Championship, a playoff victory and one game from the Super Bowl and he is a wuss?

I don't even like the Bears but people's reaction to his injury is the stuff of jealousy.