Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc 2

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Can anyone give an explanation of how the physics are improved? This counts alot towards me getting the game or not.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kolin
    Ott Tanak WRC2 game does not exist. Weird
    SWRC of the fastest riders in the game do not exist. This is a great fault of the manufacturers
    It is strange... might have been some licensing issue I believe.

I myself appear in this game in the SWRC category, even then I am not entitled to a free copy. So the consensus is that it's marginally better than WRC, but still a long way to go? Hopefully I'm not the only 'improvement' for the new game, as last time round it was horrible and their facebook page has been clogged with unhappy users.

Do we have any comparison between PS3 and PC yet? I have the capability to use either, though I'm thinking PC is the go at the moment. Any opinions on that?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    Can anyone give an explanation of how the physics are improved? This counts alot towards me getting the game or not.
    Look Bennizw, some really annoying elements of 2010 handling have been Improved or corrected.
    The excessive understeer/oversteer Is gone away. No more driving on ice feeling. Now can clearly feel the grip of the wheels on any type of surface.
    In addition, you can now feel the weight of the car when turning and the new suspension system gives you a more accurate feeling on any surface.
    A perfect example of the new physics, Is that If you enter a turn with more speed that you should, you may roll your car If the turn gets tighter or you don't steer carefully; that could never happen In 2010 game no matter how much you tried
    Also the new car tunnung settings, have a bigger affect on car's handling, compared to last year. You can actually tell a difference, when you mess with max steering lock or downforce. Finally, the mechanical damage system Is more Improved, and that makes the game more challenging.

Well, that's In short, my personal opinion regarding the changes In physics.
    Better try to play the game first and then buy It.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch555
    ...Do we have any comparison between PS3 and PC yet?
    I have the capability to use either, though I'm thinking PC is the go at the moment. Any opinions on that?
    No reports yet regarding gameplay comparison betwenn platforms.
    But the game Is definitely looking better (graphically) on the pc, If you got a powerful rig.

Is that you btw? Great to have a featured driver In the game, around here

Liked 86 Times in 37 Posts
    So, is there Tanak and Prokop in official game, or not?

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Well, I small improvement yes. The physics are somewhat better, and it is actually possible to handle the cars now. However, the car sound is still horrible, as is the co-driver. The graphics are still outdated, and the stage design boring and lacking recognition, variation and atmosphere (not to mention that the stages are equal to last years game). I can´t help sitting back with a "cheap" and little passionate feeling with the game. It just doesn´t make me want to sit down and play it again.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just watched one of the WRC2 gameplay videos on YouTube. The co-driver is absolutely rubbish! When did you ever hear a real co-driver using the word "bottleneck" or telling the driver to "slow down". The pacenotes are terrible and certainly don't seem to relate much to the corners ahead. But then, the corners themselves don't much resemble those you find in the real WRC, so I suppose the developers were at least consistent. I'm not impressed at all by what I've seen so far and it seems the official WRC games have got worse since I stopped buying them because I thought they were poor. As much as I object to the way Codemasters took the Colin McRae Rally franchise, they do at least know what they're doing when it comes to making a decent arcade racing game.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What drivers are included? Is Ken Block & Kris Meeke there for instance as they both appear in another game. Which WRC car has the best handling? What is the advised set-up to get the best out of each surface?

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    it's a fun game, anyone interested in having a motorsportforums.com online battle ?
    Follow me on Twitter @jasonhjustin

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
    Just watched one of the WRC2 gameplay videos on YouTube. The co-driver is absolutely rubbish! When did you ever hear a real co-driver using the word "bottleneck" or telling the driver to "slow down". The pacenotes are terrible and certainly don't seem to relate much to the corners ahead. But then, the corners themselves don't much resemble those you find in the real WRC, so I suppose the developers were at least consistent. I'm not impressed at all by what I've seen so far and it seems the official WRC games have got worse since I stopped buying them because I thought they were poor. As much as I object to the way Codemasters took the Colin McRae Rally franchise, they do at least know what they're doing when it comes to making a decent arcade racing game.
    I agree, the co-driver in the 2010 game was rubbish, even though I loved the game and spent many hours addicted I bought Dirt 3 aswel, and I hated it. You couldnt get a good drift, and if you started to slide, there was no saving it. One of the best things about wrc2010 was going waaay too fast into a corner and almost going off -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWHsPYqQswQ
    A bit like this! This is something that couldnt be done in Dirt 3, as soon as you started to slide, thats it, youre off the stage, and there was no saving it.
    When I played Dirt 3 however, the few times that I did, I found the option to alter the co drivers notes (easy-complex, or something like that) So when you approach a slight right hander on a wide road, instead of getting -
    "6 Right, keep left, 100"
    You get -
    "And 6 right plus, open, keep left on exit, 100"
    The detail of the pace notes was a big let down for me in wrc2010, and I saw the video(possibly the same one as you) on youtube of the PC footage and Im a bit dissapointed to see they havent improved the pace notes, but I wonder if theres an option (like dirt 3) to make the notes more accurate??
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up: