Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    On an unrelated note, HRT have hired a Hollywood designer to freshen up their image: http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/89034

Might as well get him to design the car while he's at it...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    It's only an issue in Canada as far as I'm aware. If Renault are prepared to change their livery for the Canadian Grand Prix - perhaps go to all black, then the problem goes away, no?
    Our Canadian "smoke Nazis" are so power addled that they would and have, actually taken a colour spectrometer to a race cars paint finish. 2004 Forsythe Champ Car team in Toronto. They were actually at the point of impounding the cars and trailers before saner heads prevailed. The team had been previously sponsored by Players. Lotus/Renault had better make sure they use the "right" shade of black and gold! Morons ... the lot of them!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's friggin stupid then. No one has a trademark on colors nor on colors aassociations.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with you. As a former smoker I barely remember JPS cigarettes. I only had an incontrolable passion for my red pack

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

If you were British American Tobacco, would it not make sense to buy a peppercorn share in a certain battery company, so that you could put "battery sponsorship" on F1 cars?

If I recall correctly, didn't Colin McRae drive a Subaru WRC car sponsored by "batteries"? Hint hint hint.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatsixrules
    Lotus/Renault had better make sure they use the "right" shade of black
    Deffo they should a dark black. The lght black is too grey for my liking.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But, F1 has always had the last say on paint schemes regardless who the sponsor is.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cummins
    But, F1 has always had the last say on paint schemes regardless who the sponsor is.
    Yes, that guy Pollock (apt name if you ask me) learned that the hard way......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    That's friggin stupid then. No one has a trademark on colors nor on colors aassociations.
    Not true. Ferrari claims to have trademarked their shade of red. In a non-racing note, chocolate makers Cadburys(?) is the owner of color purple in New Zealand.

And you thought it couldn't get more ridiculous than that!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo

If you were British American Tobacco, would it not make sense to buy a peppercorn share in a certain battery company, so that you could put "battery sponsorship" on F1 cars?

If I recall correctly, didn't Colin McRae drive a Subaru WRC car sponsored by "batteries"? Hint hint hint.
    Dark blue is like a Satan colour, thanks to Subaru, Ligier, Prost et al. This is why you can't associate colours with anything, they are just sodding colours. Anyone who argues otherwise is... well, rather simple. There, I said it.