Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Coudln't find a better place to put this but here is Jarno's latest complaint: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89618

Does he have a column in Autosprint? "Jarno's weekly whinge" or something?
    And what's wrong in criticise a Brand with a very little experience in F1 which might still have to do a lot of work in order to deliver a competitive tyre... Or is it Jarno's wine you don't like ?
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    And what's wrong in criticise a Brand with a very little experience in F1 which might still have to do a lot of work in order to deliver a competitive tyre... Or is it Jarno's wine you don't like ?
    Exactly. I thought Jarno's statement was pretty similar to what other drivers said about the new tires.

I guess half the drivers on the grid are a bunch of whiners too?
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Let's be fair to them , though , Pino , as they were asked to create a tire that is hard to manage ; one that will necessitate a two-stop strategy .

Of course they will all whine , not just Jarno .

At present , they have a soft that is significantly faster , but seems good for only a dozen laps .
    And , they have a hard that stays good for twenty or so , which seems at the edge of being one-third of about sixty laps , or , about a race length .
    Considering they haven't played in the real heat yet , where the compound should react a little differently , as it is one of the races(Bahrain) that was to subject it to the most thermal punishment , they are looking pretty reasonable , in fact .

They were asked for a tire which is just like what they have produced , one that will make it difficult .

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I'm not sure he'll quite get his wish for points every race, but I really hope I am wrong and we see Lotus/Team Lotus moving forward.

Good Luck Jarno
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    Nice guy Jarno,but did not expect to see him racing in F1 ,last year or this.Past his sell by date for me!
    There are many older drivers who have done quite well racing at all levels. Certainly the norm is to slow down but there is the exception. Perhaps Jarno is just that.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    PS just look at MS - At age 40 he hasn't lost his ball when it comes to driving into people - He is just as good as he was in 1997
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    PS just look at MS - At age 40 he hasn't lost his ball when it comes to driving into people - He is just as good as he was in 1997
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Yeah, not long ago Massa was considered a whiner. Well, like said back then, actually everyone is a whiner, so let's live with that.

But regarding Lotus I have to say that I am slightly disappointed so far or perhaps my expectations were too high. Reliability issues again (OK, I can understand that with a brand new car with a totally new concept), but midfield teams like Williams, Sauber and even Toro Rosso still seem on a clearly higher level. Points on merit and Q3 slots can't be seen at least in the first half of the season. Maybe they can at least trouble Force India.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Why is that, I haven't witnessed a performance drop-off from Jarno, I mean last year he drove as well as ever even if nobody noticed it. Maybe you're just looking at the numbers, age...
    Yep as slow as ever.
    He's got some flashes of speed every now and then during qualifying, than he takes his Sunday nap as always after lunch.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I saw the thread title and am astonished this would be related to F1...
    Same here. I assumed this years vintage at his vineyard was going to be his best yet.

Good Luck Jarno
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy