Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts

J.Johnson really wants to do the 500

(...) my wife and I have discussed it for a long time. She knows how bad I want to do it.
    I enjoy making it public knowledge that I am interested, so, if one day I do go to Rick or Lowe’s, they’ve heard of it before.
    http://spindoctor500blog.blogspot.com/

Sadly it won't be for 2011, but 2012 in a Chevy???

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    "I just don’t know. I have (talked to Hendrick about it) in years past when Chevy wasn’t a part of it. He’d say, ‘Look, contracts exist, you can’t drive a Honda-powered vehicle.’ So it’s eliminated the opportunity. Since GM has announced it’s coming back, I have not spoken with him about it."
    I guess he doesn't REALLY want to do it that badly then. GM's return just makes it more possible. But I saw nothing in that interview that suggested that it was probable... for 2012 or any other year.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I guess he doesn't REALLY want to do it that badly then. GM's return just makes it more possible. But I saw nothing in that interview that suggested that it was probable... for 2012 or any other year.
    When was the Chevy announcment? 6 weeks ago?

Do you think Jimmie has spoken much with his owner about anything since the season ended?

If he has spoken with Hendrick in the past about it, why wouldn't he now that Chevy is going to be a part of it?

If he gets the OK from Hendrick, Chevy and Loews, he'll be at Indy in 2012.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    If he has spoken with Hendrick in the past about it, why wouldn't he now that Chevy is going to be a part of it?

Completely agree.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    We shall see how bad he wants to do it, and more importantly, how bad Rick Hendrick and Chevy want him to do it.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am sure Chevy have no issue, in fact would love to see him do it. Hendrick may even want to try and add the Indy 500 to his resume.
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would think the biggest issue would be finding a team. Hendrick, Chevy and Lowes might be okay with it, hell Lowes and Chevy would probably even pay for it, but the issue would be finding a compatible team. Penske is going to be the lead GM team and Rick might not like the idea of handing Rodger his hottest driver. I think the big sticking point would be what teams get aligned with Chevy. Maybe de Ferran would be far enough way from Penske to make it viable, but JJ doesn't want to ride around, he'd like a shot at winning, so it probably hangs on which teams are quick and could field a car for him.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    When was the Chevy announcment? 6 weeks ago?

Do you think Jimmie has spoken much with his owner about anything since the season ended?

I got 20 bucks that says a certain tall blonde has more to say about it than Rick Hendrick, Chevy and Lowe's all put together.

Anyway, my point was simply that nothing was said in the article about 2012, or any other specific date. Why don't we get 2011 rolling before we book a flight for Jimmie Johnson's seat fitting for 2012? That's all.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hear what your saying Jag, but we are in a pretty slow period here for news (didn't think I'd say that this offseason) so this is something fun to talk about.

As for teams, I would think Panther would be a good fit. INDYCAR's "all-american" team will 99% sure field a Chevy, and is always competitive at Indy.
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't see Chevy being competitive the first year at Indy, unless it's a rebadged Chevy.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . - Antoine de St-Exupéry