Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts

Rubens puts in his two cents

However, Williams ace Barrichello said he didn't think the addition of more controls would be a danger to drivers, even though he concedes that there is concern if they are forced to take there eyes off the road at any point during a race.

“I don't think it's a danger, but I think it's a concern,” he said. “In terms of execution, the additional controls are obviously necessary, but people have different steering wheels, so drivers may therefore be able to reach some buttons easier than others. The problem is you are taking your eye off the road. There is not a single straight where I don't press a button and change gear.

“In my role in the Grand Prix Drivers' Association we will keep talking about this, but I think the FIA will let us practice a little more. I think the strong comments will come now but will lessen as people get used to things.”
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    The gall of those guys over there in I-toe-ly making a comment about a safety concern
    I think that it is a concern about other teams that don't have experienced drivers that they do, that they are probably concerned about ruining one of their driver’s races. There is something wrong with a driver that doesn't want to see another race where you have torrential rain and a guy saying the conditions are fine let’s race. A driver that already has demonstrated that he has had problems, causing collisions,
    and losing a WDC because it's about the buttons. mokin:
    I'm guessing that's a dig at Hamilton, because that seems to be your new hobby. Anyway I think it is, hard to judge from the incoherent ramblings. BTW it was his first year in F1, where as a rookie he pretty much schooled the double champ prima donna Inspector "six-tenths" Closueau and ALMOST won the championship in his FIRST year, and then won it in his SECOND year. I guess a little error is forgivable. He did have to upgrade from a fairly simple GP2 steering wheel to an F1 steering wheel with a million more buttons, but hey, he didn't cry about it.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    I'm guessing that's a dig at Hamilton, because that seems to be your new hobby. Anyway I think it is, hard to judge from the incoherent ramblings. BTW it was his first year in F1, where as a rookie he pretty much schooled the double champ prima donna Inspector "six-tenths" Closueau and ALMOST won the championship in his FIRST year, and then won it in his SECOND year. I guess a little error is forgivable. He did have to upgrade from a fairly simple GP2 steering wheel to an F1 steering wheel with a million more buttons, but hey, he didn't cry about it.
    No! That in no way was meant to be a dig at the Boss. I really admire him. I have a much better appreciation of F1 as a whole entity. Actually my attitude was retarded by the accomplishments of Mike at Ferrari, and my hatred of Fred was really misplaced admiration. I will always pull for Ferrari, and look forward to the season when the Boss is adorned in the Fiero Rosso. I just call them like I see them. As far as I can tell The Boss is not any better of a pilot now then he was his rookie season, at least in a relative way. I know I come off as a fan boy for Fred but I only am interested in his contributions to Ferrari. That is why I am such a huge admirer of Kimi . Unlike a lot of his fans I have moved on from his departure from Ferrari, in the same manner I have moved on from Mike. It is not important to me what role Luca played, and how Kimi got shafted. I will always look upon him with admiration because he is one in a line of drivers that brought Ferrari a WDC. I only appear to be against the Boss because he doesn't drive for my team. The reality of the situation is I admire all the drivers, but I prefer to concentrate on the ones that drive for Ferrari. That puts me at odds with most of the members on these boards. I spend more time pointing out biased journalism that is so superficial that I just have to assume that I am dealing with homers between the age of 13 and 17, which is fine. But I dig "The Boss" I was just trying to contrast how someone with his talent can have issues with complicated electronics, anybody can. And I was also trying to make the point that it has convoluted the substantive differences between pure driving ability and the type of talent it takes to suceed at video games.
    In closing I expect more out of you. You know what a flake I am, and will do just about anything to get a laugh.
    Please don’t be so paranoid! mokin:
    May the forza be with you