Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Hmm, a few buttons at the seering wheel, thoose are grat fun.

Damn, missed the red light at the end of the pitlane. Sorry Kimi.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Drivers used to have to drive around Monaco one-handed in the days of manual transmissions, none complained they were too busy in the cockpit then.

If the more hectic cockpit increases the possibility of driver errors like in the old days drivers could miss a gear etc. then that's only a good thing.

Of course this doesn't have anything to do with my opinion on the adjustable wings which I think are an absolute joke. I'd have nothing against allowing adjustable wings but this thing that you can only use it if you are 2 seconds behind a car and only twice a lap etc. etc. is just BS of the highest order.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Drivers used to have to drive around Monaco one-handed in the days of manual transmissions, none complained they were too busy in the cockpit then.

If the more hectic cockpit increases the possibility of driver errors like in the old days drivers could miss a gear etc. then that's only a good thing.

Of course this doesn't have anything to do with my opinion on the adjustable wings which I think are an absolute joke. I'd have nothing against allowing adjustable wings but this thing that you can only use it if you are 2 seconds behind a car and only twice a lap etc. etc. is just BS of the highest order.
    I concur
    May the forza be with you

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Agreed.

Double agreed. I think it was Martin Whitmarsh who was wittering on about how good the ARW was going to be as the can tweak it all season. So that at one track it might just be the last 300m of a straight that it was permitted or far more on another.

PUUUURLEASE! Might as well just have success ballast and be done with it
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I do not sure there are many drivers, who have never been critized for whining. Is giving an opinion always a whine? And if most F1 drivers are whiners (which they surely are based on the comments by F1 fans), then it surely should apply to elsewhere too. So it means most of the forum also consists of whiners. So my question is - if you don't like whining, why you do it yourself? Whining about whining is also whining. Pot, kettle, black.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    He's becoming the new Ralf. Whine. Moan. Complain. B!tch. Etc.

Come on, it's the same for everyone. Or do you want to be dumped down to Virgin where you won't have to worry about pesky KERS.
    I do not think there are many drivers, who have not been criticized for whining. Is giving an opinion always a whine? And if most F1 drivers are whiners (which they surely should be based on the comments by F1 fans), then it surely should apply to elsewhere too. So it means most of the forum also consists of whiners. So the question would be - if you don't like whining, why you do it yourself? Whining about whining is also whining. Pot, kettle, black.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    I don't see the rest of the 23 drivers complaining. Besides, KERS will be used only on the straights, and so would be the adjustable rear wing. They don't have to worry about them in corners, and I'm sure they're capable drivers and won't just randomly push it wherever and cause accidents.

KERS was there on 2009 cars and there weren't any problems. And it's just one or maybe two more buttons to adjust the rear wing. If he's already complaining about them, saying "Too many buttons, but well, what to do, I'll have to adapt," then that sounds like a little defeatist attitude to me.
    Quite a few of the other drivers have also commented on the increase in buttons. Rubens in particular described the problems in a recent interview in motorsport. I don't see it as complaining, merely a statement of fact. Complaining would go along the lines of "I hate" or "I wish we didn't have this".

You describe the button pressing in isolation but have you thought when these guys are going to be using both KERS and the rear wing? During overtaking perhaps?

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    100% agree with Massa.

I wanna see these guys racing not buggering around with their steering wheel. Flaps, flops, kers, wings..... is this REALLY racing?
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    Quite a few of the other drivers have also commented on the increase in buttons. Rubens in particular described the problems in a recent interview in motorsport. I don't see it as complaining, merely a statement of fact. Complaining would go along the lines of "I hate" or "I wish we didn't have this".

You describe the button pressing in isolation but have you thought when these guys are going to be using both KERS and the rear wing? During overtaking perhaps?
    If you look at the onboard laps of let's say 10 years ago, the buttons on the steering wheel have gradually increased ten fold, yet the majority of the drivers seemed to have adapted to them effortlessly. Are there more accidents happening because of the increase in buttons? No. IMO KERS is just a gimmick in the name of technology, and this adjustable rear wing has all the possibilities of becoming a big FAIL, but these are optional for all teams, and any of the top teams would be foolish not to utilize them, so naturally the drivers HAVE to adapt to them. Also, saying "too much" does sound more like a whinge than an opinion.

Having said that, I can understand where Massa is coming from, as he was almost fatally injured at Hungary in 2009, he would want things simpler, but being negative towards the new changes before the season even starts is not the way to go about it, especially when your seat is in danger at Ferrari. I for one welcome these changes, because it keeps the engineering aspect of F1 alive as long as engineers are allowed to put their own interpretations of these devices in action. Isn't anybody even mildly interested in how each team interprets the new rules? God forbid if they standardize these too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, agreed 100%. I wonder how the new drivers would cope with manual transmission and a few more buttons thrown into the mix.

I think it's going to be the most magnanimous FAIL of 2010. I don't know what's the point of allowing a device that you can use ONLY if you're within a predetermined amount of seconds behind the car you're trying to overtake. I don't know how they're going to keep track of which car is using it and when. This is gonna open up the pandora's box of idiotic steward decisions and penalties.