Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Massa: Too many buttons on the steering wheel

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...el-says-massa/

Ferrari's Felipe Massa has stated that the introduction of this year’s adjustable rear wing will mean that drivers are now overworked in their cockpits, with the Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) also making a return to the sport this year.

From now on, any driver within one second of the car in front will be able to adjust the position of his rear wing in order to remove downforce and therefore enjoy a greater top speed and higher chance of overtaking on straights. Massa, however, is the first to point out a negative upshot.

“It's true that we have so many things to do on the steering wheel and it's also true that we do still need to drive the car,” the Brazilian commented at this weekend’s pre-season Wrooom skiing event at Madonna di Campiglio, north-east Italy.

“We’re able to cope with it, for sure, but from the driver’s point of view it's not fantastic.

"Everywhere you go you have three or four buttons to press, especially with KERS - it's going to be too much, definitely, but that’s how it is and we need to adapt very quickly.”
    Is he already making excuses before the season even starts? Come on Massa, man up and learn to adapt and focus on getting accustomed to them better than Alonso. How else are you going to beat the cry baby this year?

Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
    He's always been a cry-baby, but he's learning well from the Cry-Baby Master

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    He's becoming the new Ralf. Whine. Moan. Complain. B!tch. Etc.

Come on, it's the same for everyone. Or do you want to be dumped down to Virgin where you won't have to worry about pesky KERS.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Whine Whine Whine.

Not Massa, the fans. We want to see proper down to earth racing not gimmicks but then when someone who's actually doing it replies to a question we suddenly want to bash them for pointing out that they're just glorified playstation controllers now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why is this whining? Should he lie then? Didn't he say he has to adapt?

Btw I agree with him, those steering wheels are getting ridiculous.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Why is this whining? Should he lie then? Didn't he say he has to adapt?

Btw I agree with him, those steering wheels are getting ridiculous.

Totally agree..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

This is how many buttons you really need on a steering wheel.

I certainly agree that there's too many things on a steering wheel now. My 206 has indicator stalks, variable control for the wipers, radio controls, central display controls, fuel consumption display settings... it's madness.

When Mark Webber ran into the back of Heikki Kovalainen's Lotus last year, I'm wondering if he might have been distracted by the myriad of displays on his steering wheel, because his excuse was pathetic.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see Suttil will adopt well since he plays video games the most!!
    Maybe Massa should hit the PS3 in a hurry!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    In this case I have to agree with Massa
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel
    Whine Whine Whine.

Not Massa, the fans. We want to see proper down to earth racing not gimmicks but then when someone who's actually doing it replies to a question we suddenly want to bash them for pointing out that they're just glorified playstation controllers now.
    Exactly! There should be a limit to the number of buttons on the steering wheel. Aside from the gimmicks, all those buttons can make racing more unsafe. How can the driver focus on driving while poking around a load of buttons at the same time?
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011