Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    SFB? Do, pray, enlighten me.

And 'up there' in this case.
    Your soooooooooooo smart.....I am sure you can figure it out.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Your soooooooooooo smart.....I am sure you can figure it out.
    No, please let me know. I'm literally dying to find out.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    WOW!!!

You really don't get it do you?
    You? No, I don't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OWFan19
    You are not advocating violence, but you are accepting it! The philosophy that we are losing freedoms is what cause nut jobs like Jared to shoot up people. You control the government by voting. Its your fault for not being more active in your government democratically. Our founding fathers would be looking at Obama and wondering why he is not a slave. Face it, our country has evolved. Some say good, some say bad. But I always ask what freedoms have we lost to conservatives, they never can answer.
    How do you not know that I am not "active in my government"? Quite the opposite is trrue as a matter of fact. Are you involved?

You haven't lost freedoms to conservatives because they are trying to CONSERVE your freedoms.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    As long as people are largely happy with their lives and are not having to deal with shortages of food and massive inflation then this sort of thing is unlikely to ever happen again.
    Who says history has to repeat itself EXACTLY? And who says that food shortage and/or massive inflation will never happen again? I bet if you asked a German in, oh I don't know 1890 or so, they would have said that those thing would never happen there either.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    How do you not know that I am not "active in my government"? Quite the opposite is trrue as a matter of fact. Are you involved?

You haven't lost freedoms to conservatives because they are trying to CONSERVE your freedoms.
    Which freedom have you lost?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OWFan19
    Which freedom have you lost?
    Not wanting to start a whole nother thread, but how about the freedom to buy healh insurance or not?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A point that is being overlooked in the history of the US is that through the 1800's and early 1900's just about every one west of the Mississippi had guns. The settlers hunted as the west was being settled as well as protection against often hostile Indians. Law enforcement was spotty to say the least and mostly confined to the towns.
    Cowhands carried revolvers as much for killing injured livestock as any other reason.
    So the history of guns in the US is deep rooted and not restricted to the founding of the nation.
    Cdn. settlers and cowhands were also armed but tended to carry rifles rather than pistols.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Not wanting to start a whole nother thread, but how about the freedom to buy healh insurance or not?
    Yet you kill the freedoms of gays having a legal union, as well as what people smoke. You have the freedom of not buying health insurance, you just might pay a 200 dollar a year tax for doing so.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In a democratic society the laws are at the whim of a mob. As long as it respects the rights of others then it is good. once it stops respecting that right then it is to be feared.

All one has to do is look at Germany. It evolved from the Weinmar Republic(A parliamentary republic with free elections) into a Fascist State in 14 years.
    All Germans having guns wouldn't have stopped it. May even had made it worse.

BTW, all Iraqis under Saddam had a right to own guns (a custom the Americans allowed to continue in a restricted form after the invasion). Did they use them to protect or get democracy? No.
    I could really use a fish right now