Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    Britian was Green because Ireland was then part of the UK before the GPO rising and races were held there as they were not allowed in the mainland.
    Considering how silly this thread is, I feel I'm permitted to digress a little: Don't ever go to Ireland, where you would otherwise be most welcome, and say "in the mainland" referring to Britain, and I say that in the friendliest advicery way possible

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    Considering how silly this thread is, I feel I'm permitted to digress a little: Don't ever go to Ireland, where you would otherwise be most welcome, and say "in the mainland" referring to Britain, and I say that in the friendliest advicery way possible
    As silly as this thread may be I actually find it relaxing and instructive as well.

Thank you all for your very interesting answers to my question about national colors. And speaking of which I had not idea that Belgium had a racing color at all.

And you know, I think a green Ferrari would look incredibly awesome.

For additional information on countries racing colors, click here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._racing_colors

PS Interestingly enough, Russia does not seem to have one.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    And you know, I think a green Ferrari would look incredibly awesome.
    Voila, a Ferrari 375, in green, with no less than Il Leone Nigel Mansell driving.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Bruce McLaren .

The McLaren orange comes from Bruce's days of Can-Am racing, where he painted his unsponsored cars orange so that potential sponsors would notice and hopefully pick him up.

When racing, those orange cars showed up best. That is a great color that really distinguishes the cars from others in a field, when all are at speed.

Photos and TV do not show it as much as when you see the racing live.

Very surprized some other teams have not adopted similar colors more often.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Voila, a Ferrari 375, in green, with no less than Il Leone Nigel Mansell driving.
    WOW Rollo,
    I am speechless . I had no idea that actually existed. But I was right wasn't I?
    A green Ferrari looks pretty good if you ask me.

Wouldn't be nice if all the teams at one given race would change all their colors just for the fun of it? Ferrari in silver and black, McLaren in Red and so on....

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    WOW Rollo,
    I am speechless . I had no idea that actually existed. But I was right wasn't I?
    A green Ferrari looks pretty good if you ask me.
    I think that there were four such cars all owned by Tony Vandervell, who eventually used one of them as the basis of the first Vanwall (with the help of Colin Chapman). Vanwall's best result was winning the 1958 Constructors Championship.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that there were four such cars all owned by Tony Vandervell, who eventually used one of them as the basis of the first Vanwall (with the help of Colin Chapman). Vanwall's best result was winning the 1958 Constructors Championship.
    I think it's about time for another green Ferrari

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    As Ireland was part of the UK at the time I would say that the term "in the mainland" could actually be appropriate, even if it's wrong and would nark everyone now.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    No they're not changing colours. That's obviously photoshopped. Ferrari aren't going to have a green livery just cause someone abuses photoshop either.
    Thank you.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith