Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Macca should keep their current colour scheme as it is very unique and looks brilliant during the night races
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    well, If Mclaren were to ever change colours from that brilliant silver and red scheme....it will be to Orange. not black. And to me, that wouldn't happen until the deal with mercedes ends, and I assume that by then that Mclaren will produce their own engines.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    well, If Mclaren were to ever change colours from that brilliant silver and red scheme....it will be to Orange. not black. And to me, that wouldn't happen until the deal with mercedes ends, and I assume that by then that Mclaren will produce their own engines.
    Am I adroit in thinking that the new sports car has in house developed motors?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Am I adroit in thinking that the new sports car has in house developed motors?
    you are perfectly correct. Twin turbo V8 I believe, which is the sort of engine I'd love to see in F1..........

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    An orange McLaren would be good, but unless their road car division is going to start funding the racing team to the tune of whatever Vodafone does now, then it'll be the mobile phone company who gets most of the say, I imagine.

Unless they can convince a certain rival of Vodafone to sponsor them instead, of course...

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    'Black livery? Er, no: the same Rocket Red & chrome finish that you've grown to love since Vodafone McLaren Mercedes was born in 2007...' 'that's official btw!'

Just to confirm, via Mclaren's twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/TheFifthDriver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There will always be speculations without ground I suppose (or in this case maybe nothing more than a fan made idea without any agenda or real life relevance to it).

Just have to add though that I liked it in black, but then again I've never been a fan of McLarens silver (that looks better on the Mercs IMO).

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.racer.com/mclaren-to-stic...rticle/193808/
    The rumors took off after McLaren revealed new team clothing that was predominantly black and red, suggesting that the cars would follow suit
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    http://www.themotorreport.com.au/512...-silver-livery
    A hint about McLaren's branding and livery plans for 2011 is in the new official merchandising range for the forthcoming season.
    For example, gone are the silver team caps of 2010, replaced by mainly black ones for 2011. The team crew and management-style shirts and jackets are also black.

As far as Vodafone are concerned, they probably could be convinced to have their colour displayed in black on an orange car. For a while, England's One Day Cricket strip was mainly blue with the Vodafone logo in white.

It might be possible for the majority of the MP4-27 to be orange and the Vodafone splashes in black. The car might look a little like this Spyker, but with sponsors changed as appropriate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sp...ember_2006.jpg
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    An orange McLaren would be good, but unless their road car division is going to start funding the racing team to the tune of whatever Vodafone does now, then it'll be the mobile phone company who gets most of the say, I imagine.

Unless they can convince a certain rival of Vodafone to sponsor them instead, of course...
    Just out of curiosity, since McLaren is a British team and the British color for car racing is green (if I am correct) why would not McLaren be green?

PS Isn't silver the German color for car racing?