Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    People, relax! I'm not as concerned about the 4-cylinder engine as I am about the push-to-pass nonsense.

Let's not forget that there are very clever people in F1 who can achieve great results.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    I don't like the way F1 is heading
    For some time now, formula one has been barreling down the wrong road, with regard to both the technical and "sporting" aspects of the whole enterprise. Technically, the various formulae used in recent years have never been more than more of the same ol' same ol' by sticking with simply tinkering with the size and shape of the internal combustion engine. That a hybrid or alternative power formula has never been implemented or that other means to actually push the technological boundaries has never been used actually means that the usual reason given for following formula one, that it is the cutting edge of automotive technology, is delusional given that it is anything but that. That the Delta Wing concept popped up at the IndyCar corner of the world says something, even if the knuckleheads managed to continued to prove that they are still as clueless as ever despite ditching Tony George by not adopting it or providing for it as being eligible for competition.

To even begin to comment on the many disasters of the "sporting" regulations regarding formula one would be both time-consuming and a waste of time. Since I drifted away from formula one in the mid-Eighties, I have found nothing to cause me to regret that decision. The potential for change and improvement for the better seems to have successfully eluded those running formula one for decades and decades now, with nothing to suggest that it will be any better any time soon.

Things "Back in the Day" really were not much better, but at least they had the advantage of not fully believing their own hype and propaganda, to say nothing of requiring more than the GNP of a small nation to make it through a season. It has all been out of control and lacking adult supervision for longer than most can or would like to remember.

I will leave the damage willfully done to automobile history by the brigands running the sport for another day, but suffice it to say that it has been considerable.
    Popular memory is not history.... -- Gordon Wood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    4,6,8,10,12 or 16 ... as long as they produce high HP, I'm good with it! Even better that they scream ... therefore, not a fan, at all, of rev limits. Times change ... the sport moves on. It's been that way in motorsports for over 100 years. No different now.