Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Next they will want to fit 2CV engines in F1 cars.
    You'd probably be better off fitting the Dyane engine, it was more powerful due to slightly larger barrels and higher compression ratio.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    What about a 1/7 HP Deezil engine that was manufactured between 1947 - 1955 and sold for just $1.50 (excl 5c shipping). That would make F1 a really affordable and eco-friendly series all in one. Now I'm off to go hug a tree.....stump.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    I'm not surprised at all the pouting when really nobody knows for sure what the exact restrictions will be. A four cylinder engine of that size can make equal HP to what the cars have today, and that's all that really matters in the end is the power they are allowed to build it to.

Well really not, since the smaller configuration would allow a tighter package and better weight distribution... but let's not try to find anything good about this.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Well what do you expect letting a fag frog and a midget mophead run the pinnacle of motorsports??

But with that being said: Based on the eroding fossil fuels I can not even believe we still allow v-8s in passenger cars. A POS ford explorer gets 10 miles per gallon - It is a travesty we even allow this vehicle to be on the road.

So maybe where we are headed is to limit passenger car engines to 4 cylinder. But I don't necessarily agree that F1 should be dictating this.
    Go back to the 10 and lets scream!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy

So maybe where we are headed is to limit passenger car engines to 4 cylinder. But I don't necessarily agree that F1 should be dictating this.
    Go back to the 10 and lets scream!!
    I don't believe any such restriction is required. The technology is already there to allow big engines to drop to four cylinders for better economy when outright power isn't needed (I think I'm right in saying that a big concept caddy with a V16 did just this, and i'm almost certain Mercedes did the same in F1 perhaps 3 years back to stop a stationary car overheating so quick).
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I don't believe any such restriction is required. The technology is already there to allow big engines to drop to four cylinders for better economy when outright power isn't needed (I think I'm right in saying that a big concept caddy with a V16 did just this, and i'm almost certain Mercedes did the same in F1 perhaps 3 years back to stop a stationary car overheating so quick).
    That technology doesn't really save much fuel though because you're still moving all that extra weight around, and compressing air in the unused cylinders.
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    An interesting note: Almost all of the posters that complain about these new regulations are not Europeans, so they are used to gasoline-burning lazy V8s or something and so see a four
    -cylinder engine as something weird. Well it's the most logical thing in the world on this day and age. Most leading car manufacturers use mainly four-cylinder engines so it's quite logical that F1 moves to those as well.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    it would be better if they stuck with the v8 and used an alternative fuel

http://www.ethanolanswers.com.au
    E85 is an alternative fuel that contains up to 85 per cent ethanol and 15 per cent petrol. The ethanol component, which can be produced from naturally occurring biological materials, offers consumers a range of benefits
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I have to say that this would likely be the end for me. If they go to V4 engines, I quit watching. I hope that Ferrari will quit racing too. All these rule changes seem to affect them most. And really all this push for a small green weak formula championship which benefits poor teams and kid drivers is getting too annoying.
    I hope that the new IndyCar concept works, though.
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If they end up making the same power, which they've stated they will, what is the fuss about?

You could have two-million screaming chipmunks in there, as long as they can push the car around the track just as fast, what's really changing for the spectator?

...Aside from those linked with PETA :P