Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sutil & DiResta for Force India, Nico Hulkenber #3

Very Interesting development and I'm happy they went with this lineup, and it seems like Friday testing will be done by Hulkenberg.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=396892:F1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice, I honestly thought they'd end up not changing the lineup at all, so I'm both surprised and excited about this. I'm glad Nico isn't out of the game altogether just yet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wahoooooooo!!! Come on Paul. Let's do it baby.

Also, the side story is interesting. Toro Rosso owned by an oil-rich Arab state?
    At least Red Bull can fully focus on one team, but now they don't have a 4 car test.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Well I'm a little disappointed. Putting a rookie in the car is great, but come on, taking away Friday running in favour of Nico is madness! Choose a driver guys and back him, stop trying to hedge your bets.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    If true I'm very pleased for Di Resta.

However, this story first appeared in a swiss paper called 'blick'. I saw on twitter that this is apparently it's switzerlands' version of The Sun, and that the story has since been retracted as 'rumour'.

So until I see an official announcement, I wouldn't believe in this story completely.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    According to Joe Saward's blog, Force India DO want to have Sutil and di Resta racing in 2011, but Liuzzi's contract states that he must have a Force India drive this year, so FI are looking for a way to pay Liuzzi out of the team.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    From what I recall, Liuzzi and Sutil have very small salaries (by F1 standards), under $500K, so it seems it would be no problem to pay VL off, if that's all it took.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    paying off the contract is one thing, but it will take more than that to actualy break the contract. likely to be well worth it to Force India if they can get Di Resta and Hulkenberg under contract though as then they will potentially have 3 young drivers who are genuinely attractive to other teams and might make them some money in the future.

i can see the 3 moving to Renault or Merc in a couple of years, possibly even McLaren (Sutil to Renault, Hulk to Merc and Di Resta to McLaren over the next 3 years?)
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Wouldn't McLaren be more likely to give Paffett a shot before DiResta? Or indeed Turvey if he continues to develop.

DiResta is a Mercedes driver not a McLaren one.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Wouldn't McLaren be more likely to give Paffett a shot before DiResta? Or indeed Turvey if he continues to develop.

DiResta is a Mercedes driver not a McLaren one.
    Nah. Gary doesn't have a shot at a Mac seat. He's much older than Lewis and as old as Jenson. By the time there's a seat on offer he'll be PDLR's age - and that went well

Personally if we are talking Brits in F1 I hope Sam Bird gets a shot.
    All other opinions are wrong....