Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    They would have to have air conditioning. Could you imagine the cockpit temps under a bubble like that at races like Malaysia, Singapore and Bahrain?
    Man no doubt! They say in NASCAR the car's interior gets well in excess of 150 degrees F with the floor and seat temprature hot enough to boil water-and they at least have an open window(s) (drivers side only at tracks larger than 1 mile).

In Lemans and Grand AM the front engine GT cars (especialy the Corvette's) get extremely hot inside as well

I don't know how they do it, to be honest with you. I don't even want to go outside when its hotter than 90 degress F no less cram myself into a rollin equivalent of an oven!
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    They would have to have air conditioning. Could you imagine the cockpit temps under a bubble like that at races like Malaysia, Singapore and Bahrain?
    F-DUCT!
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Man no doubt! They say in NASCAR the car's interior gets well in excess of 150 degrees F with the floor and seat temprature hot enough to boil water-and they at least have an open window(s) (drivers side only at tracks larger than 1 mile).

In Lemans and Grand AM the front engine GT cars (especialy the Corvette's) get extremely hot inside as well

I don't know how they do it, to be honest with you. I don't even want to go outside when its hotter than 90 degress F no less cram myself into a rollin equivalent of an oven!
    The Malaysian Gran Prix would give add a whole new dimension to an "Endurance Race" :
    May the forza be with you