Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Still surprised about the statements of Vettel beating Alonso too narrowly and even "with luck" that exist here. Alonso had only one car failure all season and even that was from P9 (Malaysia). Vettel had three car failures from the race lead. Sorry, but without reliability issues Vettel would have dominated Alonso in the points and no-one would ever wonder, how come Vettel beat Alonso "only just".

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Just saw this in Autosport. I guess you might want to comment it.
    "But I'm not afraid to face any team-mate, because I've never feared them. None of my team-mates have ever done a single point more than I have, so I don't see why I should be afraid of anyone."

Of course not......as long as no one is messing with his tire pressure...or sneaking out first in qualifying and will not move over....or the team boss loves someone else better than him.....

or if the day comes when the ferraris are set up to give Massa handling that is exactly like what he wants, and not like what Freddie wants....

and of course, if he ain't really scared, why say anything, except to laugh it off or ignore......Someone who goes around saying, "I am not scared" makes me think that the person that they are really trying to convince the truth of that staement is.........only themself.

never heard shuie make such comments (of course, he did not need to say anything, as the contracts and Todt has said all that was necessary)
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    OK than using your logic Heikki must soil himself every time he hears the name Jaime Alguersuari
    since he outscored him by more points than the afore mentioned drivers.
    Get real people these guys didn't get where they are by fearing their competition.
    Who cares about Heikki? But you're right, most of these guys think they are the best and this thread is pointless.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Who cares about Heikki? But you're right, most of these guys think they are the best and this thread is pointless.
    Agreed....Completely pointless
    May the forza be with you

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    Agreed....Completely pointless
    no, it is not, as an opportunity to bash should never go unheeded......

Besides I would have preferred it, if Alonso had said, "Scared?? It is worst than that...I soil my undies at the mere mention of his name! Indeed, see what you have done?? sorry for the mess, now I have to go change my undies right now....."
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Alonso

So any one want £10 on Alonso for 2011 world champion then?
    Odds are */*

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Alonso thus became the youngest double champion in the sport's history

until that young Vettel came along
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    You'd expect nothing less from a driver of Alonso's caliber. He's hardly going to say he's scared of any of his rivals now is he
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
    He doesn't fear Vettel.. Like he didn't fear Räikkönen, se he had to kick him out

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    "Fernando, Vettel is faster than you, do you understand?"

Yeah, in a straight-up gunfight, I'd put money on Vettel leaving Fernando laying in the street.

But even with Fernando giving himself (meaningless) pep talks, I'm as happy as I can be that we have 5-7 guys who (depending on their equipment) can challenge for wins, and probably 4-5 who are good for real championship runs. It's seldom been this way. We really have to appreciate the blessing that's on the table for us fans right now.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith