Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    he obviously should have said "I can't sleep at the thought of it".

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    I'm sure Alonso is annoyed as hell that Vettel won... It all came down to luck really... Vettel had the good and Alonso the bad luck in 2010.
    well... I'm sure he's some nice place now enjoying his millions... living the dream... like they all do

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Just because he's a double world champion doesn't mean everything he says is therefore a masterclass in psychological warfare. I'm pretty sure someone posed him the question of Vettel joining Ferrari, and he just said what he thought. Nothing more.
    I'm not saying it is that, i'm far from the man's biggest fan, but look at every statement made by any of the top drivers and even the most complementary ones normally contain a dig at someone else in a bid to gain some kind of superiority. This is another of those. on the face of it a simple statement of intent, i'm not scared of anyone and can measure myself against any teammate. read a little deeper and you can filter out a lot of intent to unsettle other drivers/teams
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Why should Fred fear Vettel who beat him by such a small margine, while driving a vastly superior car. paaleeze
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    Why should Fred fear Vettel who beat him by such a small margine, while driving a vastly superior car. paaleeze
    Because he beat him.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Because he beat him.
    Precisely. Fair and square.

What Alonso is saying and thinking are completely different things. In his head there are probably murmurs stating, "This Vettel guy is good. Can I beat him?" Takes a little quip like that to see how insecure Alonso is about his rivals.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Because he beat him.
    OK than using your logic Heikki must soil himself every time he hears the name Jaime Alguersuari
    since he outscored him by more points than the afore mentioned drivers.
    Get real people these guys didn't get where they are by fearing their competition.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Precisely. Fair and square.

What Alonso is saying and thinking are completely different things. In his head there are probably murmurs stating, "This Vettel guy is good. Can I beat him?" Takes a little quip like that to see how insecure Alonso is about his rivals.
    Well he was beaten by a superior driver,wether it was a small margin or not,does not matter,so he should be,and Vettel will now have bags more confidence,and we may now see him drive to a higher level,if red Bull can give him the right car.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Ofcourse Alonso fears Seb, h´s not stupid that way.

On the other hand, Seb is not fearing Alonso, (IMO). Seb in Neweys new car will be a very tough competitior, I´m afraid noone can beat him.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    I'm sure Alonso is annoyed as hell that Vettel won... It all came down to luck really... Vettel had the good and Alonso the bad luck in 2010.
    I'm no fan of either of them, but I'm struggling with that statement. Vettel had a puncture at Silverstone, an assortment of mechanical failures and two stupid collisions, so he hardly had all the good luck. Alonso had his fair share of problems, some more self (or team) inflicted than others, but he also had a completely neutered team mate and got gifted a win along the way, whereas Vettel actually had to fight Webber, Red Bull politics notwithstanding. I'm not sure luck really came into it.
    No longer active on this forum