Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Alonso: "I don't fear Vettel"

Just saw this in Autosport. I guess you might want to comment it.
    "I'm not afraid at all of Vettel," he told Spanish media in Oviedo this week. "Should he come to Ferrari one day it won't be a problem, I have nothing to say on that.

"But I'm not afraid to face any team-mate, because I've never feared them. None of my team-mates have ever done a single point more than I have, so I don't see why I should be afraid of anyone."

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I'm sure he does think that.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I love that beautiful way of putting how Hamilton tied on points with him in his rookie season...
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    *yawn*

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Fernando, Vettel is faster than you, do you understand?"
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    This BS is just Ferrari's way of beating Massa into submission that he is the #2 driver. Crap all over him until he gets it. Vettel and Alonso will never be on the same team. Vettel would whine incessantly and Alonso would keep taking his toys away!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Is there anything Fred has said that is untrue?
    And the comment about being tied on points with a rookie;
    As much as I admire the Boss, I've yet to see him string together the type of races and perform to the level he did in his rookie year,
    as he is still prone to make silly mistakes.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sure Alonso is annoyed as hell that Vettel won... It all came down to luck really... Vettel had the good and Alonso the bad luck in 2010.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    very clever statement. It further demoralizes his already emotionally crumbling teammate - I dont fear anyone and always beat my teammates.

It also attempts to put some pressure on the Red Bull/Vettel relationship, making either think that the arrangement is not perfect and that a) Ferrari want Vettel and/or b) Vettel want to move to Ferrari.

It also piles further crap on Webber as it doesn't even mention him, only das wunderkid.

All in all its some nice psychology from Alonso/Ferrari, anything that can sow the slightest seed of doubt in the minds of any of his competitors wil be to his advantage, and here i think he's planted a few
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    very clever statement. It further demoralizes his already emotionally crumbling teammate - I dont fear anyone and always beat my teammates.

It also attempts to put some pressure on the Red Bull/Vettel relationship, making either think that the arrangement is not perfect and that a) Ferrari want Vettel and/or b) Vettel want to move to Ferrari.

It also piles further crap on Webber as it doesn't even mention him, only das wunderkid.

All in all its some nice psychology from Alonso/Ferrari, anything that can sow the slightest seed of doubt in the minds of any of his competitors wil be to his advantage, and here i think he's planted a few
    Just because he's a double world champion doesn't mean everything he says is therefore a masterclass in psychological warfare. I'm pretty sure someone posed him the question of Vettel joining Ferrari, and he just said what he thought. Nothing more.