Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hamilton second title?

Lewis hamilton has takes huge advantage of his rival misfortune last weekend on Belgium Grand Prix. Lead from the start to finish line and not even Red Bull of Mark Webber can catch him. Alonso and Button retired with Vettel didn't scores any championship points, Hamilton on pole position to claims his second Formula 1 World Championship.

Despite Mark Webber only three points behind him. But with no experience battles for championship there's doubt Webber could challenge Hamilton for the tittle. And now with McLaren fully backup Hamilton for the championship fight, we believe no one can stop him now and McLaren always getting strong at the end of the season. Meanwhile Red Bull still not decided yet who's the number 1 driver and internal issues could be disaster in the end for the team.

All due respect to Alonso, but Ferrari never really strong this season except in Germany. After "lucky" championship wins for Raikkonen in 2007 and very unlucky lost for Massa in 2008, Ferrari struggle in almost the entire 2009 season and the opening race of 2010 they wins the Bahrain Grand Prix cause by very poor Sebastian Vettel sparks problems.
    In Monza Ferrari will show their spirit and fight with 110% but I doubt they will win the Italian Grand Prix.

If Hamilton could retain his momentum, I think we'll see a new legends reborn.
    GrandPrix Center :hot:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grandp22
    I think we'll see a new legends reborn.
    How can new legends be reborn?
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grandp22
    Lewis hamilton has takes huge advantage of his rival misfortune last weekend on Belgium Grand Prix. Lead from the start to finish line and not even Red Bull of Mark Webber can catch him. Alonso and Button retired with Vettel didn't scores any championship points, Hamilton on pole position to claims his second Formula 1 World Championship.

Despite Mark Webber only three points behind him. But with no experience battles for championship there's doubt Webber could challenge Hamilton for the tittle. And now with McLaren fully backup Hamilton for the championship fight, we believe no one can stop him now and McLaren always getting strong at the end of the season. Meanwhile Red Bull still not decided yet who's the number 1 driver and internal issues could be disaster in the end for the team.

All due respect to Alonso, but Ferrari never really strong this season except in Germany. After "lucky" championship wins for Raikkonen in 2007 and very unlucky lost for Massa in 2008, Ferrari struggle in almost the entire 2009 season and the opening race of 2010 they wins the Bahrain Grand Prix cause by very poor Sebastian Vettel sparks problems.
    In Monza Ferrari will show their spirit and fight with 110% but I doubt they will win the Italian Grand Prix.

If Hamilton could retain his momentum, I think we'll see a new legends reborn.

Obivious hamilton gonna win this year. FIA is fully behind him.

time for news of the world to do a sting, like they did in cricket
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race_director
    Interesting Would you care to provide us with some evidence of this particular conspiracy theory.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Obivious hamilton gonna win this year.
    Not at all. Webber has the best car beneath him. With only Monza left of the tracks that are unlikely to play to the strengths of the RB6, he is, I speculate, in a very enviable position.

I for one will not be displeased if Mark takes the title - a very well deserved victory that will be for a thoroughly down to earth bloke.

I'd like Lewis to take it, but he has time on his hands, Mark does not have that luxury.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I for one will be very happy if either Webber or Hamilton take the title. As much as I'd like to see a British World Champion for the third consecutive year, I'd quite like to see Webber winning it!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Not at all. Webber has the best car beneath him. With only Monza left of the tracks that are unlikely to play to the strengths of the RB6, he is, I speculate, in a very enviable position.

I for one will not be displeased if Mark takes the title - a very well deserved victory that will be for a thoroughly down to earth bloke.

I'd like Lewis to take it, but he has time on his hands, Mark does not have that luxury.
    Top post, spot on.

Webber coming 2nd in Belgium is actually a surprised packet of points. Lewis had 2 races to get maximum points to keep his championship alive. He has managed to maximise one race, now he needs to do the same again in Italy.

Webber drove well to come 2nd in a race where the Bulls were not supposed to podium. All Webber needs to do is podium in Italy and the title is his. The last 5 tracks favour Red Bull over McLaren, if only in qualy, so Webber surely is in the box seat.

Hamilton should be praying for a Webber DNF and a Vettel podium to keep his WDC alive.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Top post, spot on.

Webber coming 2nd in Belgium is actually a surprised packet of points. Lewis had 2 races to get maximum points to keep his championship alive. He has managed to maximise one race, now he needs to do the same again in Italy.

Webber drove well to come 2nd in a race where the Bulls were not supposed to podium. All Webber needs to do is podium in Italy and the title is his. The last 5 tracks favour Red Bull over McLaren, if only in qualy, so Webber surely is in the box seat.

Hamilton should be praying for a Webber DNF and a Vettel podium to keep his WDC alive.
    Indeed. However, I fear that at Monza both the Force Indias and at least one of the Renaults will be able to beat the Bulls, plus the Ferrari's will be in the mix.

I can't help but feel Red Bull will get mugged at Monza on the straights, so Webbers' 2nd at Spa was all the more important.

I wonder if McLaren have got a handle on the blown diffuser yet on the tracks that are fiddly?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    If Hamilton picks up a big result at Monza then i think he might be very difficult to beat - he has had a habit of picking up better than expected results at less favourable tracks this year whilst rivals have taken points off each other, i can see this trend continuing with Vettel, Webber and Alonso still fighting for the points and the likes of Hamilton, Button and Kubica in the mix also, the big points will likely to be shared out as they have been so far. This will make it very difficult for anyone to mount a sustained challenge.

That said, i do consider that Webber ought to be considered favourite given the car advantage he should still have towards the end of the year, if he maintains a points advantage over Vettel
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

time for news of the world to do a sting, like they did in cricket
    here we have a gentleman grasping to hold on to the edges of reality.
    Is it possible that one's hatred of a particular driver so great that it induces many moments of conspiracy theories?

Who ever wins the WDC this year, in what is turning out to be a spectacularly close championship, will do so by what they accomplish on the track. And to date Hamilton and Webber have done very well to richly deserve their lead of the championship. I for one cannot recall a single race this year where an FIA call has benefited them. Please provide us with evidence for your conspiracy theory.
    you can't argue with results.