Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Prostitution

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Prostitution

Is Prostitution legal in your country? I find it disgusting that in the US we have divisions of police forces running around trying to incarcerate consenting men and women for spending a few bucks for a night of happiness.

What say you??
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If people over the age of consent wish to purchase or sell sex, I don't see why they shouldn't tbh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

fousto,
    in my case I have never paid a nickel to be with a woman but nevertheless:
    I feel that if it is treated as a profession following health and legal regulations and you have clients that are paying for services rendered and no one is getting hurt in the process (and here I don't include whoever's feelings are hurt if the ******* cheats on the partner) - it is fine with me.

imp:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It used to be legal in Finland, then it used to be illegal, then legal again and now I think it's legal to sell sex but not buy. However, pimping has been illegal all the time. Ho, ho, ho anta:
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Prostitution has been legal in New Zealand for a number of years now.

The current system is not perfect. There are still street walkers and underage girls. Prostitutes are still murdered.
    Another big negative is parents who push daughters into the game(because it is legal) to support the family.

The alleged positive is that Police supposedly have more time to track runaways and detect underage girls rather than arresting old hoes.

Other issues are the location of 'operations' in residential areas and 'foreign students' doing things other than classroom study.

Probably on balance it is a positive advance on the 'illegal' massage parlour days, where there were arrests for having durex onsite. Bad clients can be apprehended because those involved with the game can talk to each other / network to protect themselves and the info passed onto police.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The actual act is legal in Canada. Everything around it is illegal (maybe). Recently a Judge threw out all the laws about soliciting, keeping a bawdy house and so on as unconstitiutional, mostly on the grounds of safety for the prostitutes.
    The Govt. has 'stayed' the decision for several months while they decide what to do. They have not come up with a solution yet. My guess is they will appeal to the Surpreme Court but the judge who made the ruling spent a year coming to her conclusions and wrote a several thousand page decision so the Surpreme Court very likely would agree.
    In the meantime charges continue to be laid.
    Once the 'stay' period is over it will be wide open unless appealed or new legislation brought in.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    As far as I know it is legal in Nye Co Nevada. (not to be confused with Clark County which is where Las Vegas is) I also believe there are some areas in Northern Nevada where it is legal but I'm not sure about that. One of the many problems I have with this issue philosophically is that I think there are a lot of young women that get involved with this activity legally, or illegally that get the mindset "Once a hooker always a hooker" This is not very good for their self esteem. Combine that with a woman that is forced into the "profession", whether it is through the threat of violence or just a sudden need for a steady stream of income. Unless this is closely monitored these lives may well will be severely damaged before the young women have the sense to have a contingency plan to get out, and on with their lives and join "Posthookeralizationism Anonymous" (That's not a word or an association btw)
    But seriously are the penalty's that severe? I think If you are running a full blown Brothel and are caught, you would probably be hit with a Federal inditement, the same one that took down the original "Mr Alcatraz"... "Big Al Capone"...... Tax Evasion.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good for the consumer, bad for the hookers.

Sure, there are a few Madams who make a fortune off of their sex slaves, but the women who actually do the deed more often then not end up in body bags. Suicide, drug use, or murder are the usual culprits for their deaths.

In short, I'm all for it being legalized here! I'd pimp with a heavy hand.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi
    Prostitution has been legal in New Zealand for a number of years now.

The current system is not perfect. There are still street walkers and underage girls. Prostitutes are still murdered.
    Another big negative is parents who push daughters into the game(because it is legal) to support the family.

The alleged positive is that Police supposedly have more time to track runaways and detect underage girls rather than arresting old hoes.

Other issues are the location of 'operations' in residential areas and 'foreign students' doing things other than classroom study.

Probably on balance it is a positive advance on the 'illegal' massage parlour days, where there were arrests for having durex onsite. Bad clients can be apprehended because those involved with the game can talk to each other / network to protect themselves and the info passed onto police.
    I used to see hookers of some sort every day past 6 on my way home from work. Every now and then I'd see one who'd jump out in front of traffic and flash them. There's usually one of those safe sex wagons there distributing condoms later in the night.

Papatoetoe is probably the worst in Auckland... Hundreds of them roaming the streets, mostly transsexuals.

They opened a house of such next to some school last year caused some commotion.

There's about half a dozen with 100m of the Sky Tower, one next to the entrance...

Personally, I'd rather have all these freaks off the streets and somewhere I don't have to see them.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    fousto,
    in my case I have never paid a nickel to be with a woman but nevertheless:

imp:
    Any man who says that is only fooling themselves!
    It may not be cash but we have all paid in one form or the other.

Don't believe me?
    Try dating a women without buying her dinner or movie tickets or gifts....etc.

Sure you will run into the occasional slut but for the vast majority we have to pay.

Even that engagement ring is just a down-payment.