Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Molson back to IndyCar?

Molson is now the official beer of the Nascar Canada Series. Among other things, they will "activate a national promotion featuring VIP race weekend experiences".

The Nascar Canada Series races at the Indy Toronto and Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières. Could that mean that they will also support the IndyCar and Road to Indy races at Canada?
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The taxi cabs also race as a support race to the Nationwide series at Mtl. Questionable which race is bigger. Likely to also run as a support race at Edmonton IC if it gets back on.
    Molson is now part of the Coors empire (or maybe Coors is part of the Molson empire). Strings are pulled in US.
    In a way it is very good news as Molson and Labatt are in a constant fight for the Cdn. market. Labatt (now controlled from Europe) are likely to get back into Cdn. motorsport in a big way.
    What is sort of funny is while the big boys are slugging it out the smaller breweries, including the micro breweries are taking a larger share of the Cdn. market.
    The c-rap served under the old Cdn. labels is just a stronger US beer not the real Cdn beer. The smaller (some not so small) breweries produce real Cdn beer.
    Interesting that there are now some really good US beers from relatively small breweries.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some people have been dropping hints that the deal with Newman Haas and Hinchcliffe is a big category sponsor that will not only sponsor the car but be the official something of the Izod Indycar, and that their activation would only be behind Izod, Honda and potentially Go Daddy.

Both Molsen Breweries and Labatt Brewing Company have been dropped as potential sponsors for Hinch. Molsen and Coors merged and Labatt is owned by InBev. One would think that Molsen would be the more logical choice given the history with the sport and the North American ownership. InBev has been cutting down Budwieser marketing dollars for the past couple of years so I don't see them putting cash behind LaBatt Blue.

Won't know for certain until at least mid-Jan. If everything works out there could be a multi-announcement press conference at a certain airport in western Canada... or so I've heard.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bud and only Bud was served at the Toronto Indy. That did not sit well with quite a few people who wanted at least a Cdn. labled beer not a US brand. But then the promoters seem to have worked overtime to upset local fans.
    We may be similar to the US and like the US but we are not the US.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Molson? Golden!
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I can remember more than one SCCA race at the Glen when the call came out 'Quick, hide the beer, here come the Cdns.'
    That wasn't beer, it was Genesee.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hope all this is true for sponsorship in general, NH,and Hinch.

And Canadian beer has always rocked, some of my favorites. Too bad you can't get real Canidian beer in the US. Molson Canadian and Labatt's Blue, two of the best though, IMO.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Even for Cdn. consumption they have been 'Americanized' although still with a higher alcohol content. Then there is Brador at 6%.
    Some of our smaller breweries have good stuff. Creemore, Muskoka and so on.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am not really a beer drinker but my ex has found some really good craft US beers. She spends the winter in the New Mexico/Arizona. Her home is a 34 foot Winnie.
    However we both like a UK beer called Hobgobblin. Not available in our beer stores and only some liquor stores.
    I will still stick to my Scotch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    The taxi cabs
    How about you keep that crap to yourself