Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    The flip side...

Ownership of a personal vehicle requires registration to acknolwedge responsibility for a device that has the potential to cause harm to others.

Why is it difficult to accept similar control for firearms?
    A firearm is not a vehicle nor is it in any manner even remotely related to a vehicle in function, or use.

A constitutional amendment does not give anyone the right to have or use a vehicle, but it does give one the right to have and use firearms.

That asinine vehicle-firearm analogy has been floated by libs when ever possible and it is sad that it is only seldom that anyone states why such a analogy is asinine.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="glauistean"]
    I am not advocating anything other than the professional view [b]Professional what, liars or fools?[/b=

That one can own a mini arsenal is ludicrous. Why does anyone need 12 guns or 20 guns? Why does anyone need assault rifles? Assault rifles, or weapons are all kept track of with the required tax form to purchase one, required by the BATF.
    A simple semi-automatic rifle is not an assault rifle, even if it has a black polymer stock. To say one is, is simply a lie or gross ignorance.

After the Virginia Tech shooting some lawmakers in the US were advocating having students carry weapons on campus.
    That has got to be the most idiotic proposal I have heard in many years. Why?
    Defend your rhetoric.

Currently, the US is behind Brazil where gun violence is concerned. What is the reason. I have my own and would like an input. What is it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="glauistean"]

If you register guns they are more easily traced. Today, certain gun companies manufacture fingerprint proof stocks and hand pieces. Why? Who does?
    List them?

The right wing and many on the left stated they had nothing to fear from wire tapping since they did nothing wrong. So why fear registering guns? What government confiscated telephones?
    Governments like to know who has what, so they know which doors to know down. The citizens of New Orleans no how that works real well.

I would love to know where your source got his/her figures since the US alone has over 90k+ gun incidents alone per year with over 35,000 of them fatal. These are homicides. 85 people per day are murdered using guns. The largest numbers are goblins killing goblins, let them die.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Everyone cool down. Firstly this is a UK based forum.
    US gun possesion laws are enshrined in their Constitution unlike most if not all other countries. Wether we agree or disagree is none of our business. That is their constitution!
    The gun laws vary greatly from country to country. Canada's in theory are pretty tough. Actually enforcement is a complete joke.
    Gangbangers are picked up time and time again while carrying and promptly released on bail yet again with a 'no gun' order. The cops have literally picked them up the day they were released carrying yet again only to get immediate bail yet again. Do you think the cops are a little pi--ed off?
    Guns themselves actually exceedingly rarely kill. They have to be loaded and the trigger pulled. Humankind has found ways to eliminate each other from the beginning. A knife is very efficient at close quarters if the person knows how to handle it. So is a club or tire iron.
    Actually I feel this thread should be closed as we have been here before and things just get nasty with no resolution.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    The number of civilians killed by guns is minute compared to the number killed in traffic accidents.
    CDC figures for 2007--presumably the same you selectively ignored:

Motor Vehicle Accidents: 42,031
    Firearms........................31,224

Minute comparatively.. 75% but minute..

right.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glauistean
    Alcatraz, you have threatened me in your last sentence. It is now incumbent upon me to make sure that threats such as this are recorded.

Your dissertation is senseless and without any type of cohesive argument. You're rambling. You are all over the place
    Which part of my ramblings is not accurate? Just because I prefer quiet when out in the countryside doesn't mean I should feel the necessity to change the law for others.
    There are designated areas where shooting is allowed and where it is not!
    BTW I'm not afraid of guns, I'm not sure where you got that impression!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    This thread is already going downhill!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    After the Virginia Tech shooting some lawmakers in the US were advocating having students carry weapons on campus.
    That has got to be the most idiotic proposal I have heard in many years. Why?
    Defend your rhetoric.
    I think it's obvious. If there had been a stabbing on campus, do you think it would a good idea to give every student a knife of their own instead of putting metal detectors and guards at the gates in order to prevent more stabbings? Or if there were a suicide bomber on a plane, would it wise to give every passenger their own bomb instead of improving airport security?
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do.
    Just be glad that posts in this forum on the internent does not.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: