Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Performance balancing

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88749

Le Mans organiser the Automobile Club de l'Ouest has confirmed that in 2011 it will be able to adjust the rules during the course of its championships' seasons to prevent any type of car becoming too dominant.

The 'article 19' rule will apply to the new Intercontinental Le Mans Cup, Le Mans Series and American Le Mans Series, and is aimed to solve the long-running issue of petrol-powered cars being unable to compete with the diesel technology that Audi and Peugeot have introduced since 2006. The new regulations intend to keep the top petrol and diesel teams within two per cent of each other's pace.
    Interesting, I wonder if we could finally see a battle between Peugeot, Audi and Aston Martin?
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be cool to see Aston as a proper threat to the diesels. I just hope we don't have things such as 'success ballast'. The only ballast I like is to have all the cars at the same weight.

The new GT class sounds good as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    one can one hope, the ACO tried this last year and it was still a 3-6 sec a lap base just about over the AMR's and Lolas
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)