Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    There no reason to be too proud you couldn´t have said it better there. When people say stupid things like that you would hope that would fall below average but then people start applauding the stupid thing and you realize the problem is the average is pretty low.

So you hate Alonso and by chance Petrov finds himself in front of Alonso and he 'beats' him by managing to stay ahead and on track in a pretty good car on the dullest track that looks mostly like a colored park lot and that's great drving . But then again what would you say about a guy when his team mate beat the living daylights out of him and even this last 'spectacular' race of his finished quite behind his team mate? that he's staying only because of the cash he brings in? nooo... don't be silly, that can't be it
    Dude. You've got some serious anger issues. Chill.

Peace and love man.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    T But then again what would you say about a guy when his team mate beat the living daylights out of him and even this last 'spectacular' race of his finished quite behind his team mate? that he's staying only because of the cash he brings in? nooo... don't be silly, that can't be it
    In that race Petrov outqualified RK, and when his team put him on the early pit strategy, VP had to make his tires go the distance. Moreover, by having to defend against Alonso, Vitaly eventually lost enough time for Robert to come out two seconds in front, and with fresh tires pulled out about ten seconds.

You comment that he's "staying only because of the cash he brings" is pretty far off the mark and certainly not factual

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Dazzla, I couldn't have said it better myself. The rookies just aren't given enough time to bed in anymore. Yes he screwed up plenty of times, but when he was on it he looked very impressive considering the total absence of testing.

He deserves a second year but he will now need to up his game.
    Consistent top 10 finishes now must be the goal for Petrov, he needs to up his game to the extent that Renault can challenge the Merc's for 4th in the constructors.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So you hate Alonso and by chance Petrov finds himself in front of Alonso and he 'beats' him by managing to stay ahead and on track in a pretty good car on the dullest track that looks mostly like a colored park lot and that's great drving . But then again what would you say about a guy when his team mate beat the living daylights out of him and even this last 'spectacular' race of his finished quite behind his team mate? that he's staying only because of the cash he brings in? nooo... don't be silly, that can't be it
    We all know you love Alonso and hate Petrov, why keep flogging a dead horse?!

BTW, Merry Christmas!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I can't say I agree with the sentiments here. A Top5 team is too good for a driver at the level of Petrov. I actually consider him to be among the worst drivers on the current field of F1. And two more years?! Oh well...

An aspiring team close to the top and having no financial issues would have gone for someone like Heidfeld or Kobayashi as first options. In short, a driver, who is capable of making an impact over a full season (not merely 3-4 decent races per season) and collecting lots of points.

By now Renault has for three seasons in a row had a situation, where basically only one driver collects all the points. For how long will this carry on? For that they ought to stop messing with second-rate rookies.

But alas it has to be acknowledged that nowadays money is tight, so that only five (Top4 + Team Lotus!) teams can afford racing without paydrivers. Even midfield teams are struggling, so Petrov, Pérez and Maldonado have all brought 10(+) M $ with them to their respective teams.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

BTW, Merry Christmas!
    ioan lecturing someone about beating a dead horse?
    Now I've seen everything! I can still hear the words "McLiars and cheaters" bouncing around in my head.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

BTW, Merry Christmas!
    Thanks. I hope yours was merry too. I'm not that passionate about f1 to say I love the drivers. I have my preferences probably just because it's much more fun than watching races you don't care who wins. Petrov is just too small to have any 'feelings' towards him. If f1 would be more of a sport and less of a business, drivers like KR or the 2 NH would be in and drivers like Petrov would be out.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    In that race Petrov outqualified RK, and when his team put him on the early pit strategy, VP had to make his tires go the distance. Moreover, by having to defend against Alonso, Vitaly eventually lost enough time for Robert to come out two seconds in front, and with fresh tires pulled out about ten seconds.

You comment that he's "staying only because of the cash he brings" is pretty far off the mark and certainly not factual
    Perhaps I've been to focused on the battle at the top of the table. But in my shortsighted approach I've see one Renault driver often interfering in that top battle by getting up there while the other one only interfered when the top drivers dropped by chance at his level. And what are you saying there? That Petrov sacrificed his race just to keep Alonso behind him? if that's the case perhaps LH's statement about RBR's step brothers is more accurate than one would think.

Maybe I watched another race but as far as I can recall FA didn't even come close to making a serious attempt to overtake the Russian. That was the most disappointing part of that race. So am I the only one who didn't see that great defending from the Russion in Abu Dhabibi? After 5 laps I knew that only a car failure could change anything.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    That Petrov sacrificed his race just to keep Alonso behind him?
    It's common racing knowledge that if you are in front of another driver and that driver is on the attack, then you will be slower. Plus, he had over 45 laps on his tires when Robert finally pitted and changed to the options (the quicker tire).

What I'm saying is that if Vitaly would've been on the same strategy as RK he would've beaten him.

In your, as you admit, shortsightedness, you have missed Vitaly's commendable racecraft. He hasn't shown that he could be a future WDC, but he's better than many current F1 drivers with similar experience.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    but he's better than many current F1 drivers with similar experience.
    Can you enlighten? Which ones?