Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Petrov confirmed at Renault-Lotus (also: bear deficates in woods)

Another piece of the jigsaw drops predictably into place with Petrov securing a 2-year deal at whatever Renault-Genii-Lotus-Lada are calling themselves this week.

Although the squad had called for more commitment and consistency from the Russian rookie during the year, in recent months it had become clear that a contract extension for Petrov was the most likely option. Renault had already re-signed Robert Kubica for next season.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88745
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now it has become a long-term waste of a seat considering who else was available, but after the stupid Group"Lotus" deal, I don't really care what happens to this team anymore.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Petrov deserves a secon year, and his contract runs through 2012 which is good.

So..we are left with Force India, Toro Rosso and Hispania seats to be confirmed. (though it's very likely Toro Rosso will have the same line up as 2010 and I also doubt Hispania willl even be on the 2011 grid.....)
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    The pundits will of course be here to slag the guy, and he certainly made his share of rookie mistakes, but considering his experience he wasn't that far off Robert's pace, and his racecraft showed that he isn't here to make up the numbers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Petrov deserves another chance but so would Hülkenberg. I think Force India will go with Sutil and di Resta so Nico will be left out in the cold. Maybe he should have accepted the long-term Williams deal because either way, the only available seat will be at Hispania!
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Maybe... i'd hope Hulk would be alongside Alguesari at STR as that's a better seat than HRT.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    I wouldn't mind seeing Hulk at FI with Sutil.
    I wonder if HRT is going to sign de la Rosa and a kid. Or would they offer a seat to Heidfeld?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    The pundits will of course be here to slag the guy, and he certainly made his share of rookie mistakes, but considering his experience he wasn't that far off Robert's pace, and his racecraft showed that he isn't here to make up the numbers.
    He's a bit jekyll and Hyde is Petrov but you only need to look at his performance in Hungary and how he helped destroy Alonso's title chances by beating him fair and square to see how good he can be.

Thats all he needs now, consistency
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Dazzla, I couldn't have said it better myself. The rookies just aren't given enough time to bed in anymore. Yes he screwed up plenty of times, but when he was on it he looked very impressive considering the total absence of testing.

He deserves a second year but he will now need to up his game.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Dazzla, I couldn't have said it better myself. The rookies just aren't given enough time to bed in anymore. Yes he screwed up plenty of times, but when he was on it he looked very impressive considering the total absence of testing.

He deserves a second year but he will now need to up his game.
    There no reason to be too proud you couldn´t have said it better there. When people say stupid things like that you would hope that would fall below average but then people start applauding the stupid thing and you realize the problem is the average is pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    He's a bit jekyll and Hyde is Petrov but you only need to look at his performance in Hungary and how he helped destroy Alonso's title chances by beating him fair and square to see how good he can be.

Thats all he needs now, consistency
    So you hate Alonso and by chance Petrov finds himself in front of Alonso and he 'beats' him by managing to stay ahead and on track in a pretty good car on the dullest track that looks mostly like a colored park lot and that's great drving . But then again what would you say about a guy when his team mate beat the living daylights out of him and even this last 'spectacular' race of his finished quite behind his team mate? that he's staying only because of the cash he brings in? nooo... don't be silly, that can't be it