Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Restaurant service

I guess it must be something they teach you at restaurant school.

No matter how attentive the service when you arrive, when you order and the bringing out your food, and then asking you 5 times while you're eating you food if it's any good. By the time you've finished and just want to pay and leave, you will *always* be ignored for ages and ages!

Now when I'm by myself I usually just get up and go and stand by the cash desk, they can't ignore you there, although they give it a good try sometimes.. Whereas my wife doesn't like to cause a fuss so invariably we end up sitting for 20 minutes trying to catch someones eye so we can pay them!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark

No matter how attentive the service when you arrive, when you order and the bringing out your food, and then asking you 5 times while you're eating you food if it's any good. By the time you've finished and just want to pay and leave, you will *always* be ignored for ages and ages!

Now when I'm by myself I usually just get up and go and stand by the cash desk, they can't ignore you there, although they give it a good try sometimes.. Whereas my wife doesn't like to cause a fuss so invariably we end up sitting for 20 minutes trying to catch someones eye so we can pay them!
    Been to McDonalds again Mark?

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    only for those occaisions when only the best will do......but they make u pay up front, otherwise after eating that crap, one might just leave
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    At McDonalds they make you pay up front, so when you're done you can run out of the door as fast as your legs will carry you!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    At McDonalds they make you pay up front, so when you're done you can run out of the door as fast as your legs will carry you!
    then you should have no complaints about waiting to pay.
    Problem solved.
    That is what friends are for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ask for the check while they are still paying attention to you. If you order anything else, they can amend the check. Tell the wait staff up front that the speedy presentation of the check will have a positive impact on any tip you leave. Get up, go to the cash register and tell them what you ordered but you can't get anyone to bring you the check. Pay the bill, leave no tip and don't go back. Leave and you and the nice policeman can chat about the weather while they bring your change back out to the parking lot.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, there you go.

Do a runner after finishing you're meal like I do. No problem then

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

That is where The French, and to a lesser degree the Italians have gotten it right. As a general rule in a good French resturant the waiter will never come to the table unless taking your order, and delivering your order. They don't interupt you while you are eating but they will come to the table if you summon them.
    Waiters that continually ask you if everything is ok are trying to get you to leave as fast as they can, a particular problem here in the U.S.
    May the forza be with you

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    Waiters that continually ask you if everything is ok are trying to get you to leave as fast as they can, a particular problem here in the U.S.
    I don't think they are trying to get you to leave tbh. I just think they are taught that it's the done thing to ask if you're enjoying your meal a few minutes after delivering it. It does give you the opportunity to complain, but more often than not it's not a welcome interruption.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I don't think they are trying to get you to leave tbh. I just think they are taught that it's the done thing to ask if you're enjoying your meal a few minutes after delivering it. It does give you the opportunity to complain, but more often than not it's not a welcome interruption.
    It depends on how crowded the resturant is. When they come to the table and say "May I get your bread dish out of your way"?
    What they are really saying is "Your eating too ****ing slow, would you like me to chew it for you"? mokin:
    May the forza be with you