Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Now you are talking my language! Do away with the decades old commentator and expert line up and have a zoo format.
    I always like the Zoo
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LIBERATOR
    It needs to be a journalist & a driver, trouble is it's hard to find a journalist with brains. Murray Walkers don't grow on trees.
    Tony Jardine or Simon Taylor

MW made far too many errors.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Now you are talking my language! Do away with the decades old commentator and expert line up and have a zoo format.
    Be careful what you ask for. You could end up with the garbage Fox Sports forces on us for NASCAR races.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    That would, in my view, be a ghastly mess.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    For me, there are only 2 people worthy of it in my view. Crofty is one, Ben Edwards is the other although I do believe Edwards is on a multi year deal with ITV and I cant see him breaking that commitment.

David Croft would be the best choice in terms of practicality, he's already on the BBC's payroll, he's had 5 years expereience in Radio commentary and he's a fan too. People often listen to his 5live commentary instead of TV for a reason. One idea that can work is Crofty and his co-commentator Ant Davidson both move up to the TV booth with Brundle.

But still overall, I guess we all wish good old Murray was 20 years younger
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Been watching a lot more endurance racing as well as listening to Radio LeMans, and think John Hindhaugh would do a good job, although obviously he has a lot more GT knowledge than F1. Always found Martin Haven good as well, despite sometimes having rather wooden co-commentators at times. In terms of likely people, Chandhouk certainly impressed, but you'd rather see him in a car than talking about them.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think David Croft would be the best out of the names mentioned. DC is a good pundit but feel he is best suited to remaining in that role. I will be glad to see the back of Jonathan Legard - I wonder if James Allen is available...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still think that Toby Moody would be great for the job. He is great on Eurosports coverage of MotoGP, and it is known that he is a big F1 fan.
    Whats a uni?