Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

The Beeb's Christmas Present

2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    & You think Coulthard's dour drone will be any different? I don't want Legard but Coulthard, really?

It needs to be a journalist & a driver, trouble is it's hard to find a journalist with brains. Murray Walkers don't grow on trees.
    Senna & Rossi, everytime.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LIBERATOR
    & You think Coulthard's dour drone will be any different? I don't want Legard but Coulthard, really?

It needs to be a journalist & a driver, trouble is it's hard to find a journalist with brains. Murray Walkers don't grow on trees.
    Murray had great enthusiasm which obviously captured a lot of fans, but you can't really argue that he had brains.

If one wants examples of consistently excellent sports commentating teams over a very long period of time, motorsport is generally not the place to look.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry Jonathan, but this is great news. Thought he was hopeless. Half the time he talked absolute rubbish, made some stupid comments (can't think of any now).

Brundell has been great and only got better since he started with ITV.

So James Allen, Ben Edwards, who else? Ben ould be my choice, he did f1 on eurosport in the early 90's CART on Europsort in the 90's and gets excited about the racing, hes done a great job on Touring cars on ITV.

Ben is my choice. James did CART as well on eurosport , I liked him until he did ITV. Went off him then but he knows more than jonathan does.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hope its not the aussie guy that foes the bike racing, he irritates the hell out of me.

thinking about it, you know who would be good????

Jeremy Clarkson. That would be hysterical.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is extraordinary news. But why DC? What about David Croft or Ben Edwards? People who are actually proven and popular motor racing play-by-play commentators...
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    My letters to Father Christmas have been answered? WOOT!

I do wonder though why they are simply swapping like for like? I haw nothing against DC - I think he'll do quite well - but why the rigid format of two in the box? If its logistics of space etc in the booth then fair enough, but if 5 libe can have 4 on at once then surely we could have Crofty, Martin and DC (preferably Ant) on duty.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I forgot about croft , he has been great on the RED button. I have been moaning at my other half how good he is, not that she cares!

And if Karun can't get a ride, have him in the box as ell.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    I forgot about croft , he has been great on the RED button. I have been moaning at my other half how good he is, not that she cares!

And if Karun can't get a ride, have him in the box as ell.
    Now you are talking my language! Do away with the decades old commentator and expert line up and have a zoo format.
    All other opinions are wrong....