Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I know. And worst of all he was muttering under his breath that it must have been Ferrari, McLaren or Renault! Seriously Eddie. Ferrari had built a bucket, McLaren were getting their a$$es handed to them by Williams and Renault didn't even exsist as a team in their own right.

No wonder DC gets so p!$ed with him
    Renault did exist in their own right (the original one, not the Benetton-takeover version), in fact Prost dominated the race and crashed out only a few laps from the end triggering the whole hot potato situation of the last few laps. Ferrari won the constructors championship that year so it wasn't a bucket, although they only had one car at Monaco after Villeneuve's death, and Pironi was one of those in contention at the end. And McLaren's John Watson came close to Williams' Keke Rosberg in the final standings so it wasn't exactly arse handing.

/pedantry

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It was just Atty without an R. After Attwood.
    He was subbing for Pedro Rodriques who had worn away his heels when he crashed a F2 Protos at Enna. The Protos had a wooden monoque frame and more or less disintegrated. Pedro ended up motoring down the track in the seat with nothing else around him.
    Roy Salvadori was the team Manager for Cooper then.
    A few years later at Harewood Acres in Ont. a wood framed monoque Marcos was turned into toothpicks when it hit one of Harewood's infamous cast iron haybales. The bales sat out on the corners all year round and after a couple of years were just solid.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Renault did exist in their own right (the original one, not the Benetton-takeover version), in fact Prost dominated the race and crashed out only a few laps from the end triggering the whole hot potato situation of the last few laps. Ferrari won the constructors championship that year so it wasn't a bucket, although they only had one car at Monaco after Villeneuve's death, and Pironi was one of those in contention at the end. And McLaren's John Watson came close to Williams' Keke Rosberg in the final standings so it wasn't exactly arse handing.

/pedantry
    Sorry dude, I was referring to 1992 - which I believe Eddie was too. Your historical '82 facts are, of course, correct.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    EJ.

All of these emotions about him and still can't understand half of what he talks about.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    No slouch behind the wheel also, but hey what's that compared to swallowing a load of facts and figures and regurgitating them on a naff well past its sell by date tv show.

Better to do it than just watch it and talk about it - bit like sex in that respect.

I've followed F1 all my life but would struggle to tell you who won a particular race from this season let alone years ago.