Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Actually they are sort of right. Christmas was just that for pagans before Christianity.
    Hmm, Christmas- Christ's Mass- was celebrated before the Christ came.

HA! No wonder the Wise Men made that long journey to worship him when the real deal arrived.

I guess that also explains why the European barbarians so quickly joined the Christian churches.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    Hmm, Christmas- Christ's Mass- was celebrated before the Christ came.

HA! No wonder the Wise Men made that long journey to worship him when the real deal arrived.

I guess that also explains why the European barbarians so quickly joined the Christian churches.
    Actually, nobody even knows what year Jesus was born, let alone the date. The best estimate is that he was born 7 years before Christ. They put the date of Christmas to where it is now, the time of pagan winter solstice festivals, to lure the pagans in.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Actually, nobody even knows what year Jesus was born, let alone the date. The best estimate is that he was born 7 years before Christ. They put the date of Christmas to where it is now, the time of pagan winter solstice festivals, to lure the pagans in.
    Some Christian scholars have calculated on the sparse info available, what we celebrate as his birth is probably close to the time of his conception.

Now the people in southern Argentina and Chile, would not mind if it was celebrated close to the time of his real birth, especially in Punta Arenas and Puerto Natales The Santas would not have to dress up in summer heat but I like it the way it is.